My '73 Roundie Revival [BMW 2002]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Sucked Orange View Post
    whatever, thats badass. way to be! are you learning from anyone or reading any material?
    The Internet is my mentor

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
    --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

updates?

Comment

Looks like you have two awesome cars.'

However, the m42 was available in 89 and 90 as well. the 318is is a 91 only model though.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
          updates?
          unfortunately, no. I've been working basically every day for the last two weeks so I've had zero time to put into the '02. I did receive some sweet Talbot style mirrors today though :D

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
          Looks like you have two awesome cars.'

However, the m42 was available in 89 and 90 as well. the 318is is a 91 only model though.
          Didn't know that! Looks like I need to do my homework a bit more before I start claiming things haha.

Comment

So sad there are no updates :(

MY BUILD THREAD
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

Some times its good to take a short or even a long brake from a project. I dont know about other guys/girls on here but when I have a project its almost all I can think about and it even keeps me up at night some times. Stepping away from it and clearing your head every now and then is necessary.
              I personally also have a tendency to work to fast which can lead to a good amount of fuck ups when I get carried away. Taking your time in important.
              This is going to be a sweet ride when its done.
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                Some times its good to take a short or even a long brake from a project. I dont know about other guys/girls on here but when I have a project its almost all I can think about and it even keeps me up at night some times. Stepping away from it and clearing your head every now and then is necessary.
                I personally also have a tendency to work to fast which can lead to a good amount of fuck ups when I get carried away. Taking your time in important.
                This is going to be a sweet ride when its done.
                I completely agree. I've spent soo many hours awake in bed trying to fall asleep but can't stop thinking about this project and things I want to do. Having my e30 has been a nice break to focus on something that yields more immediate results. Putting in 30+ hours on each fender alone only to have them 90% done has been fatiguing to say the least. It's the body work that is getting to me. I love cutting and welding, grinding down filler to look perfect is what gets me at times. The more I do it, the faster I get though.

What's been holding me back lately though is work, I'm so antsy to get back up to my dad's and make more progress on both the e30 and the 2002. I can't wait to give you guys more updates!

Comment

Finally got a bit more work done. Can't wait to go back up on Thursday and keep pluggin away.

Got the driver's side door that I bought down to bare metal, you can see the big dent in the rear. Other than that, the door was pretty clean, nothing major.

Welded up all the trim holes and ground them down smooth:

There were a bunch of different holes for the mirror, I welded all those up too because I'll have to drill new holes for these new mirrors I bought. Bullet "Talbot" style mirrors. These feel super solid and I love the look, I'll be painting them black at the end to match everything else:

Comment

I dunno man.. those mirrors are pretty sweet in chrome..
                    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                      I dunno man.. those mirrors are pretty sweet in chrome..
                      I agree, they look great as is. However, there won't be any other chrome on the car, I plan to have everything black, even the bumpers. Maybe I'll keep them chrome though so they match the kidneys. We'll see what happens...

Comment

Good stuff in this thread. I vote blaaack.
                        E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
                        Insane Innovations LLC
                        DTMFiberwerkz
                        Achilles Radial

Comment

PLEASE KEEP IT ALL CHROME!
                          i need to move back to the country
                          also best engine hoist EVER!

Comment

awesome build. i just saw you sold your epsilons! damn... i wanted those for my w114 mercedes

Comment

Special delivery:

Something I should've bought in the first place. The Diamond Racings just didn't feel right, deep down I always knew I wanted a nice set of re-lipped RM's for the 2002. They are currently 15x8/15x8.5 with stainless steel Kodiak lips all around wrapped in new Toyo Proxes 195/45/15. I'll be re-lipping the 15x8" into either a 9" or 9.5" and putting the 8.5" up front. Might seem typical to some, I'm not trying to blaze new trails here, I'm just super pumped that I have these:

As for color, I have a vision in mind of what I want the refinished product to look like, however they are basically perfect as is so I might just run them like this for a while. That's all still up in the air, I have way too much other shit to do before I can even drive on these so I have time to think.
                              Last edited by CubbyChowder; 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Time to update your sig pic or at least show us a pic on the car!
                                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X