No announcement yet.

My '73 Roundie Revival [BMW 2002]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm that E30 is perfect in my mind. I think everything being clean is boring, gotta have that clear coat failure. You will have two very bad ass cars once your done, good work sir.
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post
      Builds like this is the exact reason why I want to find a 2002 to rebuild, you say filler work isn't your forte yet the final product looks pretty damn good
      To be perfectly honest, it looks better in the pictures than in real life. There are several flaws that need to be addressed before paint. Thank you though!

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
      The work you are doing is fantastic and one can see that your skills are getting better at each phase of the project.
      Thanks, it's all a matter of practice and experience. I have a lot more confidence tackling projects now since I have more practice.

Originally posted by e30abe89 View Post
      Love it! Great work. Can't wait to see it finished
      Thanks! Me too.

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
      i like your flares, they look oe.
      good work
      That's the plan, thank you!

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
      the type of story everyone enjoys,

great, great job man
      Appreciate it man, thank you.

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
      Mmm that E30 is perfect in my mind. I think everything being clean is boring, gotta have that clear coat failure. You will have two very bad ass cars once your done, good work sir.
      Haha a part of me loves the rugged look, and a part of me wants to repaint it and make it look cherry. I haven't had much motivation to work on it lately as all my focus is on the '02 so we'll see what happens!

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
      --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder;3694675[IMG
        http://imageshack.us/a/img825/6038/img9571yz.jpg[/IMG]
        Damnit... you're making me want E38 Style 5's again...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Another full day of work on the Roundie. I am dreaming of the day that I finish the body work on this car! So ready to have that behind me. Found another hidden glob of filler that was hiding a good sized dent in the door, so that sucked. Anyways, here we go.

Thought this looked kind of cool:

Got it down to bare metal:

Holes welded up:

Ground smooth:

Filler applied:

I forgot to snap a picture after I was done smoothing the filler, so here's how it looked after primer. Still needs some work:

Although I was a little discouraged and frustrated today working on the '02 thinking about how much more body work I have ahead of me, I cheered myself up by taking a step back and realizing how lucky I am to have an awesome work space in an amazing location where I get to work on my dream cars. I'm a very fortunate dude:

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
          --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

:up:

Comment

Gorgeous Pics!!!
              Blood sweat and tears right here!!!
              Loving it,thanks man!
              Good luck with the build :)

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

I wish I had a space like that to work on my cars.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Looking good man! Subbed!

Comment

I cant wait to see this done, Keep it up!!!

MY BUILD THREAD
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

Stick to it Cub, always worth the struggle!
                      ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Yes, that's much nicer than my cramped ass garage filled with spiders..

Git er done

Comment

Your work is very nice inspiring me to start my 2002 this summer.
                          Imported from Detroit

Comment

You are my hero. I would always see you sig but never clicked it because i knew i would be very jealous. Then today i saw a 2002 on the way home and i thought it would be fun to do my very first build so i found your thread. you have done amazing work, keep it up! i cant wait to see the finished product. i am determined to find a project to start working on before im 16. then i will have my dd e30 and a fun project! cant wait to see your finished product.

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
                            http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Looking good =)

I might have euro 2002 bumpers with the trim for sale if you want them. Still pondering over keeping the 2002 or selling and getting my dream 2800 that is local to me.
                              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

also are you using adapters, 5-lug, or fill and drill for the e38 weaves?

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
                                http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Working...
                                X