Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 years - 1991 325ix, Stroker/5-Speed (N52 swap?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the coolest threads here, loved it. Good job, that M20 is remarkable
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      Are we going to have a guessing match to see what engine you're using?

I'll go first: S54 with modified pan?
      I'm not really ready to go into it yet but I think people can figure it out. :p
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

updated the 2012 post

the class I'm teaching is nearly over, so hopefully I can finish the cluster swap and get the new suspension installed soon.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

most epic ix ever!
          www.instagram.com/snwmble
          #snwmble

Current:
          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Man, how things change. I'm coming up on 10 years next spring. I followed most of your work when I was pretty active on here and I remember just about all those e30s in your early posts!

Great work for all the stuff I've missed. I like how creative people get with these things integrating newer electronics and branching out.

My car has definitely taken its own turn. Right now I am working on "restoring" it by basically upgrading everything that I can but keeping it very strip and basic for auto-x and track work. It doesnt see much street time but its still my favorite.

Keep it up, I want to see how it unfolds...
            Old and improved:

Comment

Bravo! Thanks for posting such details of your e30. Threads like this keep the e30 culture alive and strong for future enthusiasts. Not that I ever had an interest in owning an ix or tackling a stand along mgmt system, but if I did, this thread would be booked marked. :up:

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
                Man, how things change. I'm coming up on 10 years next spring. I followed most of your work when I was pretty active on here and I remember just about all those e30s in your early posts!

Great work for all the stuff I've missed. I like how creative people get with these things integrating newer electronics and branching out.

My car has definitely taken its own turn. Right now I am working on "restoring" it by basically upgrading everything that I can but keeping it very strip and basic for auto-x and track work. It doesnt see much street time but its still my favorite.

Keep it up, I want to see how it unfolds...
                yeah, that's mostly a function of me getting bored, then seeing cheap electronic components on ebay and thinking "hmmmmm....."

whats in your cars these days? no more eta stroker, correct?

I feel like my car is maybe half done. lol. There are things I'm redoing two or three times now. but you have to learn somehow.

front CV shafts from germany are at the office, excited to open the package tomorrow. ufortunately they moved my office so I'll be spending all day unpacking and organizing.

Talking to a guy about refinishing a couple diff cases (goal is to have them built this year) and hoping to have my oil pan hot-tanked soon. I spent an hour soaking it in some nasty chemicals, but there's just too much crud and I don't have time (or desire) to scrub it for the hours required. Anyone in the future who tells me that Germans maintain their cars better than Americans, is going to get a pretty big laugh..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This thread... is amazing! I totally wish I was your neighbor! Awesome car/project!
                  an extremely pugnacious, snarly little bastard of a car.

Comment

love it, have always loved it. Nice job Chris!
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Rigmaster
                    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

nice job....thanks for posting this. May she continue to bring you happiness!

Comment

Like some have said, great thread, and great example of a true enthusiast's car. Your iX has always been the inspiration for mine. I also got mine back in 2001, after finding it on autotrader.com and flying out to Portland from Colorado to buy it and epic road trip back with a buddy. I'm just now finally getting to build my motor up, very similar infact, to your build which I have been plotting for years now (have some questions btw, so expect pm). Thanks again for all your contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
                          Like some have said, great thread, and great example of a true enthusiast's car. Your iX has always been the inspiration for mine. I also got mine back in 2001, after finding it on autotrader.com and flying out to Portland from Colorado to buy it and epic road trip back with a buddy. I'm just now finally getting to build my motor up, very similar infact, to your build which I have been plotting for years now (have some questions btw, so expect pm). Thanks again for all your contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          heh, learn from my mistakes - build a 3.1 liter, or go home. :p
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Epic thread man. I'm glad i actually saw pics of your car. I've only heard about it from josh(e30josh) and man your car is beast!
                            Originally posted by blunttech
                            r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

I thought I met you once too? the MS2 running OK?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No i have not met you yet. I think it ran fine, but he ran into some trouble with his intermediate shaft being seized or something. this was a while back tho.
                                Originally posted by blunttech
                                r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Working...
                                X