Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am going with an "end of days" theme with this E30. lol
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Come on man it can't be that bad! Looks like a nice little project though.
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

I'm biased. . .

Why not save the Eta? I think it's worth it...

It may not be a performance machine, but it's damn decent on gas and just as comfortable as any other e30. MAybe I'm a sucker for posterity, or a sucker in general but here's my thought

84- first year the e30 is brought to the us, right? Of the two models available, the 318 and the Eta, the E was the top of the line- that was THE nicest 3 series you could buy. Hence- most of them have leather, power windows, locks, sunrooves, decent sound systems... Don't think of it as "oh it's just an Eta." Think of it as "hey I have THE first nice e30 available to the US Market, this is a little piece of history"

as I said, I'm biased, I have an 84, DBs and all. I've accepted what it's not- a screamer, a track car, a howling beast. My interior is incredible, the paint is holding on very nicely.

I just shine up the DBs with brasso, put gobs of Mother's Back to Black on the plastic bits, maintain it, and enjoy my little retro Euro bubble every time I drive it. And with the sunroof and windows open on a beautiful day, it makes no difference at all what letters follow the 325... anywho, yours is in significantly different shape... I know I don't have the skill to resto anything, so I might feel the same way in your position...

but an ECU upgrade WILL make it way more fun, with all that torque.

just two cents, good luck with the project.
        /______\_o_/______\
        l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
        \ #___======___# /
        |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

If it was a nice car it would be worth saving. This car is soooooo shot. There really is no nice bone in her body. I am keeping her very mechanically sound, but the amount of work and money it would take to make this car shiny and nice would be retarded.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I have the nicer shiny shrouds for the rear bumper. I also have the rear bump you can put up front for that clean signal free look. LOL
            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

I got a 3.73 LSD today from CalTuned. Should be going in shortly. I need some cheap lowering springs...
              sigpic

Comment

Hella
                sigpic

Comment

Hella!

Looks like a fun start, good luck with wherever this takes you ;)

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Got springs ;)
                    sigpic

Comment

Took the car into A1 imports so JP can take a look at her. I am sick of working on this car in the street in 80F weather.
                      sigpic

Comment

80* is nothing. The street in something else...

Comment

Tarmac gets damn hot in direct sunlight. Laying on it, under a car a foot and a half off the ground, trying to get a LSD in the car is NOT fun!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Should be getting my car back Monday. I just started a new job at a cabinatery shop. I am loving it, and it has given me the opertunity to start a new project. A nice hardwood roof rack. I am thinking of some white oak. I also need to make a run to Pick N Pull.
                            sigpic

Comment

Picking these up tomorrow morning ;)

They need some work but they will be way better then what I have now!
                              Any ideas on the best way to patch up the holes in the drivers seat?
                              I already ordered some vinyl dye and tomorrow Ill order some seat webbing kits from Aardvark Racing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Got some Bilstein HDs to firm the car up a bit. Thing fiels like Jello.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X