No announcement yet.

'84 325e DD resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh! 5 8' runs of 1x4" Ipe! Whats that going to turn into?
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Thank you USPS & flash 23!
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I need to find some late model foam rear seats. I took my rear seats out today to install the head rest hardware and all the stuffing just fell right out of the bottom. Nasty!
        I also ordered some very well reviewed yet cheap stereo stuff from Crutchfield.com
        Need some good tunes for the drive up to Washington.
        I am going to go into work tomorrow and use the shop to build my roof rack bed. Should be fun.
        I think there is a Pick N Pull run in my future.
        sigpic

Comment

Got my roof rack done today. It still needs a second coat of Danish oil. I used Ipe because it's very resistant to weather and it's hard as shit so it won't get scratched up to fast. Yes it is really heavy but I don't mind that, as it's not a show piece.
          I sealed it all with cherry Danish oil. Made it nice and warm looking.
          Started off by making a jig to keep everything nice and square.

Made a jig for my fasteners.

Made some spacers to make sure all my runs had equal spaces.

Got everything put together and and did some sanding.

Danish oil on.

sigpic

Comment

Ohhhhh snap. Sweet looking stain, can already tell that's gonna be sex.
            sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Yeah I am excited to get it mounted. I know not everyone likes the wood roof rack look, but I do and thats what counts as its my car. Some people say its like driving around with a picnic table on your roof lol! I need to find some rope cleats so I can tie stuff down.
              I got my HIDs today as well. Tomorrow Ill throw those in and head to Pick N Pull so I can sweat my balls off in a stinky old e30 filled with cigaret butts.
              sigpic

Comment

Found my self a rear seat!

Sadly some one had already taken the botom half. I grabbed the bottom half of an e36 rear seat to use.
                I also took the hounds tooth door panels (from a 4 door car) which are for sale.
                sigpic

Comment

Super rare light weight racing wheels by BBS!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Found these in my car today. Original BMW antenna lube lol
                    "A special emulsion ensures that the aerial retracts and extends smoothly"
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I'm liking this one alot, keep up the good work!

Comment

What did you use to secure the wood to the rack itself out of curiosity?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

four stainless steel bolts threw the rack and the cross bars. They are counter sunk so you cant see them ;)

This Sunday Ill be fabricating some seat brackets and throwing the e21 seats in. Monday Ill throw in my speakers and head unit (should show up tomorrow) and install the struts, springs, and e90 drop hats.
                            sigpic

Comment

Received my radio and speakers today and installed them. I realize they arnt the best but I did my research and for the money I could not say no. They are WAY better then what I had.
                              Dual XHD6430 head unit (USB, AUX, HD radio, iTunes tagging)
                              Sound Ordnance P-65 6 1/2" speakers (rear direct fit)
                              Sound Ordnance P-52 5 1/4" speakers (front direct fit)
                              I spent $190.31 which included 3 day shipping which was about $40 (5-7 day shipping is free) at Crutchfield
                              I am happy with what I got for the price of a very good head unit.
                              Every looks good. The head unit is solid, buttons feel good, and it has no annoying cheesy graphics or lights. The speakers sound great for $30 speakers and look really OEM which I like.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X