'84 325e DD resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'84 325e DD resto/mod

This will be slow going as I am currently unemployed. How ever I got this car for free today. My girl friend and I intend to use it as a commuter car so we can give the 135i a brake and my 2002 project sits and waits for me to throw more money at it.
    Here is the run down

The bad:
    Clutch pedal sticks to the floor
    Broken quarter window
    Cracked dash (inerior is bad all around)
    Paints in bad shape (lots of stains, chips, scratches, surface rust)
    After market alarm system (non op, needs to be removed)
    Broken drivers side brake light
    Warn out suspension
    Electric windows do not work
    Its an "e" and has diving boards :ohsnap:

The good:
    Runs nicely an starts right up!
    It was FREE FREE FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the plan is just to get it running with oil change, fuel/oil/air filter, and so on. I also need to fix the clutch pedal. Then replace the window, and brake light (pick n pull). Clean the interior up a bit, new stereo system. Next would be a suspension tune up.
    In the long run I'd like to drop it on some coils and get some wheels on it. Thats about it, just keep it a nice clean simple DD car.

sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Just ordered a bunch of parts from Blunt yesterday.

Master cylinder
    Slave cylinder
    Braided clutch line
    Timing belt/tensioner
    Water pump/gasket
    Thermostat
    Oil filter
    Fuel filter
    Air filter
    Spark plugs
    FPR
    Rotor/cap

That should get her running smoothly. I am making a trip to the junk yard today to see if I can score some swag like a window and brake light. Maybe some interior bits.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

New window is in. Couldnt find a brake light in good shape. Ill have to hit up 002 in the east bay for that. The rest of my parts should show up noon tomorrow.
      sigpic

Comment

Still waiting on a few small things
        sigpic

Comment

wh33lhop v.2

:p

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

You got it ;)
            sigpic

Comment

I hate you guys for getting leather interiors in every beat to shit e30 :|

good luck with the project man

Comment

Well I hope it makes you feel better that both the passenger and driver seats are almost non existent and are rapidly returning to the base elements they were ones made from.
                Ill need new/used sports seats soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Finished the t belt, water pump, and thermostat today. Tomorrow I'll hit the filters and master/slave cylinders tomorrow. It just gets so damn hot here mid day.

Before

After
                  sigpic

Comment

I got the rest of the parts on this afternoon so that tomorrow I can jump strait into the clutch cylinder project. I finely got my bleeder in the mail today and I am super happy with it. I tried to build my own a while back and it kind of worked a few times, but it just sucked.
                    In a week and a half I am going up to Sacramento to visit the boys at Cal Tuned. They have a few parts for me including an "es" air dam. Ill be cooking them lunch on the grill. Should be fun.
                    sigpic

Comment

Some bad luck with the "e." Just seams like the car gods are hating me with my 02 and now this.
                      I finely got around to bleeding the system. Clutch is working nicely now, but 1st and revers are refusing to work. Second through fifth are fine. Any ideas that dont involve removing or replacing the trans?
                      sigpic

Comment

Shift linkage and it's associated bushings etc worn to shit?

Comment

Maybe. Could also be a lack of oil. I'm going to do a more therow check soon. I scored an"es" air dam today along with some US elipsoide lights and euro grills. I should have an LSD soon thanks to the guys at Auto Haven.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I went to go do some bumper tucking today. Got the bumper shocks unbolted only to find that the nuts on the inside of the car had snapped their tack welds and fallen off. The PO or some one ells had tried to weld one of the four nuts back on from the outside only to fail horribly and then on top of the strip the nut. So the only nut that is actually welded to the car is stripped.

How ever I did get an "es" air dam that needs some love, some euro grills and US ellipsoids. Still need to figure out the trans situation... Man I wish cars would just cooperate with me.

sigpic

Comment

Faled smog, and then remembered I had put Redline fuel injector cleaner in the tank.
                              Spruced up the front end a bit. This will be my DD for a year in Washington state which will include a winter and a lot of rain. I am keeping her ugly, but dont tell her. This car is really on its last legs and I am trying to do only what is necessary for her to run for a year before I sell her to a scrap yard. Every time I dive into her I find another problem. Its just not worth it with a F'ed up '84 325e.
                              I am waiting on a set of Hella fog lights to mount on the diving board.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X