It's a rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    dude the dust and spider issue at my dad's house is nuts. even in the garage a fat layer of dust builds up in just a few days.
    The struggle is real. My silver car gets dumped on in storage. I feel your pain.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That M3 wire cover makes everything look soo neat. I might have to do it as well.
      Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
        That M3 wire cover makes everything look soo neat. I might have to do it as well.
        very worth while upgrade. the is a snag tho. the back of the M20 intake manifold rubs on the lower corner.
        if you get the 318is air box cover it requires no cutting of studs.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Absolutely phenomenal build. I have spent the past hour going through every page of your hard work. You should feel proud of that piece of art. I'm sure your wife couldn't be happier. That is the nicest 4 door I've ever seen. The interior came out really nice. I can't wait to see it go down the road.
          1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
          SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
          Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Well it's been a while and i do have some small updates.
            My aunt won the pedals at Archie's fest and i traded her our winnings for them. so finally some nice pedals to add to the interior.
            my man todd scored me a steering wheel so i threw that on.

so as you can see, there is a lot of work ahead of me but I hope it will go smoothly.

then some more stuff showed up in bubble rap. Dave and Renewed Finishes did me up a nice valve cover to top off the engine bay.

the fuel pump is here and going in this weekend, so now we can start her up.
            but i have a ton of people asking me to work on their cars and this car will have to get side lined while i keep more e30s on the road.
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

soooooo close.
              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

unf, that interior is looking so good

Comment

Awesome work! I remember your comment on page 1 "this will be a quick build", and now like 2600 man hours... Like your definition of quick :P

Every E30 restoration should be with this level of detail. Very seldom I see these build, taken to the gates of perfection.

I envy you hot climate guys, no rust at all.

Now, all it needs is a turbo ;)
                  BMW 1000HP Turbo Videos

Comment

Wish my wife was as enthused as yours... The only reason she wants me working on that thing is to get it out of the garage so she can park in there...
                    sigpic
                    Streetable poly mounts, trans mounts are here!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=streetable
                    '94 318i
                    '07 335i
                    '11 X5
                    '89 325ic m30b35

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man the Visionary View Post
                      Wish my wife was as enthused as yours... The only reason she wants me working on that thing is to get it out of the garage so she can park in there...
                      OMG. So much truth there. I plan my build around how much time I can get away with before the wife boils over :-)

Eric you are seriously lucky. Hope you're feeling better bud.
                      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

very nice build man!
                        '99 e46 323i - wrecked
                        '87 e30 325iS - sold
                        '91 e30 325i - sold
                        '89 e30 M3 - fun car
                        '09 e91 328i - sold
                        '97 impreza - rally car - flipped
                        '08 impreza - new rally car
                        '01 996 tt - more fun car
                        '82 Ford f350 - work truck

Comment

Thx for all the kind words. yes im lucky she likes driving these cars. she loves our PS delete no drills GC coilover eta and complains about having to drive her jetta on the off days.
                          Originally posted by oddis View Post
                          [I remember your comment on page 1 "this will be a quick build", and now like 2600 man hours... Like your definition of quick
                          i know right. our plan was like 3 months light restore. 1.5 years later and it's almost a new car.

this week as been crazy cold for CA and i needed to attend to my other cars and finishing my bronchitis medication. so i thew the valve cover on and snapped a few shots.

With 2 week off work coming at Christmas we all should see a running driving 4th e30 in my family.

Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

wow, this is on par with some of the greatest builds on r3v: I can't wait to see this car in person!

Keep up the good work!
                            '91 325i

Comment

In for this ;)
                              1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
                              1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
                              1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
                              ...And a couple others...

Comment

I swapped manual trannies for a guy and have to fix another guys seat tomorrow so nothing with happen this week
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X