No announcement yet.

It's a rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didn't pick up any trim, i sanded and painted, with SEM Trim black.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Shadow line trim

i see..........i think the ones around the window area for later models i can buy it in black right? but the ones at the drip rail and lower part of windshield comes in chrome only. i will have to buy new ones since i messed up the old ones taking it off lol. so i'll have get the new ones sand and paint them as well. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        b
        now just waiting for kevin chin to mail my damn seats
        After a 14 month wait, the seat kit finally came in.

I share your pain. I ordered a kit and hardtop headliner from Kevin in Sept. 2012 and still don't have it. Paid for it too. Your interior looks good though, you did a good job stretching the covers on the seats. I look forward to seeing some photos of the car finished.
        Last edited by Mab1957; 03-22-2014, 08:41 AM. Reason: add finished seats picture
        Matt
        McLean, VA

Comment

Originally posted by Mab1957 View Post
          I share your pain. I ordered a kit and hardtop headliner from Kevin in Sept. 2012 and still don't have it. Paid for it too. Your interior looks good though, you did a good job stretching the covers on the seats. I look forward to seeing some photos of the car finished.
          I know the feeling. i worked with him on 2 cars. he is incredibly nice and polite but very slow. call him and talk with him about getting you your stuff. his kit is really well made and it's not that hard to put them on. just use gloves bc you will bleed all over the covers.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Well it has been over a month since I have had any free time to work on the car. Most every weekend has been spent fixing other people's e30s. Pantsless and another person got new engines, suspensions swaps for others, and etc.
            The car was so dusty I had to wash the back before I could even the tape to stick. But today was one of those days I have been avoiding since the car has been painted. Drilling through the trunk to install the IS spoiler was very never wrecking. Not having a metric tape measure made the math took forever to figure out because, double and triple checked each number.
            here's the obligatory before shot:

Started with taping everything. scratching new paint was my biggest fear.

Tapped the spot to drill with a nail, then started with a small bit and then worked my way up to the final size.

Then the final product.

Here is a better shot of the interior. I do need to mess with the seat kit a bit and get some of the wrinkles out. also need to finish the knee bolster and then it will be drivable.

Maybe time for some artsy shots, since I have a new camera.

Then I ran the car and then bled it. checked for leaks, found none and then put the deflector on.

Tomorrow I took time off and going to the DMV to get the pass to get her on the road. then next week I'll get the car towed to a glass shop and get a new windshield and locking strip.

Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

In a word: beautiful.

:up:
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

very inspiring for my own 4 door restoration. awesome work.
                My Feedback

Comment

Wow, just wow. Now THATS what I call a rebuild!! Amazing work man!! Much respect to you for doing this.
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

This is simply epic.

This is what the car culture is all about. The amount of skill, time, effort, knowledge, ambition, and determination required to tear a car apart and put it back together like that is staggering. For you and your wife to do that in your garage is amazing. It took a team of engineers and factory workers to do it back in Germany!

The car looks fantastic. Avus is drop dead gorgeous. Nice choice! And although i'm sure the budget is blown way over what you anticipated, it's honestly an inspiration to see that people would rather spend their money and effort into making a car like this a nice car to drive, rather than just going down to the Kia dealer like everyone else and buying some throw away econobox.

I want to go do *stuff* to my E30. Anything at all, after reading through this. Maximum respect. Awesome restoration! That is how it's done. :up:
                    -Nick
                    sigpic
                    1986 325es || 1998 M3 sedan || 2003 330ci

~Looking for a left side early tail light, or a set of early tails~

Comment

wing really came out great.
                      so did the interior
                      so did the engine compartment
                      so did
                      so did
                      so did
                      so did

bitchin'
                      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Everything about this car turned out great. Love everything about it.
                        1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                        1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                        bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Wow!!!!!!

Just awesome, i love the work you did on the car. Now i am getting around on the same kind of work on mine. Finally worked on the sunroof parts today, these e30 sunroof are pretty simple, well mine is since its manual lol. hey would you recommend making the radiator support removable. i am thinking to do it since it will make putting the complete engine and tranny in easier but i don't know about the strength it will have. you know anyone that did that mod to their e30 and if yes, did it give them any problem at all?

Kirk

Comment

thx for all the kind words.

Kirk, it's really easy to take the engine in and out without removing the front of the car. and unless you are fixing frame damage i wouldn't remove it.

As for the 6k max budget. as of today we are at $24,160.31. -a tiny bit over the estimate.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

As for the 6k max budget. as of today we are at $24,160.31. -a tiny bit over the estimate.
                              well for that you now have a "new" car better than most new cars for sale today
                              1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                              1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                              bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

That was a fun read!

When will we see a thread on the new coupe?

Comment

Working...
                                X