No announcement yet.

Offroad E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the 4.10 limited slip my car is super predictable.
    Last edited by AZRRC; 04-09-2015, 12:02 PM.
    sigpic
    89 325i Offroad
    89 325i
    05 C240 Wagon

Comment

this is hilariously awesome

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

[ATTACH]94439[/ATTACH]
        sigpic
        89 325i Offroad
        89 325i
        05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Been doing work on the #onroade30 but going to try and make it to tucson rally X this weekend.
          sigpic
          89 325i Offroad
          89 325i
          05 C240 Wagon

Comment

yeaaaah buddy.

Is your Rover red now? I thought it was white? (previous picture in thread) Intentional, to have an all red fleet? haha
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

sold the rover and bought a 76 f150, and ya unintentionally the fleet has turned very red. The e30's are both 89 4 door 325i
              sigpic
              89 325i Offroad
              89 325i
              05 C240 Wagon

Comment

At what point did you switch out the control arms? Did they eliminate the rubbing in the front?

Comment

I put the arms on and on of the ball joints was bent so i switched back to stock arms for now. I have no rubbing in the front, only rubbing i had was on the valance which i removed.
                  sigpic
                  89 325i Offroad
                  89 325i
                  05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Thanks for quick reply thinking of doing something similar in the future. Very cool build!

Comment

I'm mimicking your tire setup with my truck. Do you mind if I ask you what your spacer looked like? Do you have pictures?
                      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

yeah i second that can we see pics of the rear sub-frame repair as well as the front spacers. thinking of heading that one off at the pass when i have the cage welded dont want to pull out the subframe mounts while out in the desert

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435804438.952621.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	7177546Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435804470.454049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	7177547

Here are the pics of the subframe repair, we also welded a plate where the bolt goes through the floor.

I don't have any pictures of the lift spacer, but it is two round plates spaced about 3/4"-1" and bolts to the stock upper strut mount then bolts to the strut tower using the factory holes. I have easily 20k thousands of miles on them with no problems
                          sigpic
                          89 325i Offroad
                          89 325i
                          05 C240 Wagon

Comment

I love this build, any pics or info on the front strut spacers? I'm trying to build my own offroad E30

Comment

Been awhile since i posted, car is still going strong! built a roof rack and added a light bar with 5 KC HID lights. Ill post a better picture of the rack. Im going to mount a full size spare on the roof
                              sigpic
                              89 325i Offroad
                              89 325i
                              05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Gah....so freaking awesome!

I'm almost done with my E30/S62 swap and this makes me want to get a 4th e30 for the driveway and do this to it! I'll cover every fun area.

Red E30 325i S62 track car
                                White E30 Seta/built motor daily/hotrod
                                Red E30 318is GF's daily
                                and an offload beast machine!

I still want to do a baja e30! That would be sick!

And the fact that these are some pretty basic parts to stuff in there makes it even more tempting!

Comment

Working...
                                X