No announcement yet.

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now seen this car in person. It's pretty sick.

wish we had more time to chat!
    cars beep boop

Comment

Those are dam respectable numbers nice!

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        I have now seen this car in person. It's pretty sick.

wish we had more time to chat!
        yea, that madness in SoMa scares me. Hopefully next time we can meet up at your shop area so we can chill and BS and I can take the M10 turbo stuff when you arent looking ;)

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
        Those are dam respectable numbers nice!
        :up: thanks
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

gather 'round kids its story time!

A while ago I noticed some extra wiring near the taillights and was ready to hack it off, but thought I should try and figure out what it is first. Later on, when my brain was thinking, I realized it was the wiring to the sidemarker lights that our cars come with in North America. Since my car has those lights shaved in the back the wiring was just chilling in the trunk. In Europe, they have these things called fog lights, IN THE BACK!??!? and since we dont get cool stuff in North America, the taillight bulb trays has a vacant spot. HMMMM....

My idea was to use the wiring from these side markers and run them to the vacant spot on the bulb trays, and the pictures show you my progress. Most of this was fairly easy, except for the metal, spring-like piece that you push the bulb against, but luckily I had an extra bulb tray from an old mk1 jetta that I stole these from.

TLDR I wanted to add a second running, brake light

nekkid

the important piece

wiring done.

"final product"

quotes are because it didnt really work.

It kept popping the 7.5A fuse, thought it was a bad ground then sort of realized what was going on and thought I would try a 10A, 15A and even a 20A fuse and it popped all of them. So, I disconnected the extra light and made sure it was all functioning normally so I can attack this again when more knowledge.

I think the problem is that the sidemarker bulb is a little tiny one and Im trying to power a secondary bigger light.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

God I love your car...... That's all I really have to say
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
              God I love your car...... That's all I really have to say
              thanks!! to celebrate I went out and embarrassed some dude in a new S4. He was dying to know what I had under the hood. He wasnt too happy when I said, its a stock NA 2.8 with M3 cams :rofl:

BUMP FOR SOME ANSWERS about my taillight situation! I need to show them to more peeps
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Any idea how much the car weighs with that motor in it?

Comment

Originally posted by madman23 View Post
                  It's in his sig.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by madman23 View Post
                    I weighed it at a truck weigh station and it came out to ~2450. For the record, I weighed the car at the same truck weigh station when it had the M20 and it weighed ~2400lbs. This was before a bunch of mods, but more importantly I think the extra 50lbs is from the 12" lukebox, not the engine.

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                    It's in his sig.
                    Normally I would be a smartass, as I should, but he might be on tapatalk and you cant see sigs...

I guess Im in a good mood right now, because normally that wouldnt've stopped me.

Small update on whats going on, I still havent installed the red46 skidplate because of the differences in the rad support that the 84 has VS all the others, but Im almost done enlarging the holes (more oblong than enlarging actually). Problem is that since Ive moved, I cant find the damn hardware to bolt the stuff to the rad support. Annoying, but Ben (red46) told me he can get me another set for $20. I know I will find them right after I end up buying them so Im holding out until Im totally done with the prepping the skidplate and if I still havent found them, I will spend the money at that point
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

went to a local C&C because there was a rumor that a 959 was going to be there (there was) just spotted this pic in the pelicanparts photo thread!

Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

awesome car man

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

19,000 miles and rolling!....

Finally ordered the ratcheting crimper tool. I still need a few more pins but I really want to get the c101 done. Its way overdue, but I try to keep a strict car budget. Luckily, I finally sold some parts and did some side work so I can justify buying the tool. I was expecting it to be ~$30, but it was almost $50 because of tax and shipping. oh well.

I also found some clean alpine 1 fenders a while ago, but its hard for me to justify those because its only for looks and my current ones arent horrible. They are bad, yes, but I have to prioritize.

Plus I want to race and would rather spend the money going to the track then having a few less dents haha Theres an auto-x event on Saturday that a fellow r3v'r is going to, I might have to join in, but for now I havent...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

What mono wiper setup are you running? If you don't mind me asking.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                              What mono wiper setup are you running? If you don't mind me asking.
                              It was a DIY from a previous owner. Linkage is modified for a longer sweep. Im trying to get my hands on a RHD wiper grille, part # 51-13-1-904-573 as its a factory piece that will cover the opening that the LHD cars have for the wiper arm. I tried to order it from Blunt today but couldnt because of the Euro parts lockout.

That said, I did order the remaining pins for the C101 so I can finally cross that off the list. I also ordered a new fuel filter, fuel lines and an ICV hose to replace the ghetto one that the shop made.

Its going to be a pain in the ass, but I will be tackling a lot of little things at once and I will need to get it all done in one day. I will have to plan accordingly.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

this update shall be dubbed, shit happens when I drive like the stig

first was finally tackling the C101. I researched, prepped, practiced and still.... failed

Ready for battle!

Heres what I started with. Ugly but effective

Point of no return, old adapter cut off...

So far, so good!

Everything was going well, until I tried to slip the smaller pin into the hole. too big to fit. ...The problem, side by side, the new pins and the old.

so after that failure, I took care of the other item thats been on my maintenance list. The fuel filter and the rubber fuel lines, no problem or pics. Then I figured while I was under the car I would take a look around and saw something startling... today I got it fixed and took another side by side pic

YUUUPPPP, I broke one of the engine arms. I paid Castro's to fix it and it wasnt too painful. Now I can get back to racing minivans and teenagers in school zones

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X