the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    how long did it take for your harness to arrive after you ordered? and where did you order from?
    I ordered mine back in December from saferacer and I contacted them wondering why it was taking so long. They told me that because the date tag showed 2017 they couldnt send it until it actually was 2017. in other words, it should be pretty quick.

What kind did you get?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      I ordered mine back in December from saferacer and I contacted them wondering why it was taking so long. They told me that because the date tag showed 2017 they couldnt send it until it actually was 2017. in other words, it should be pretty quick.

What kind did you get?
      Gotcha, makes sense. I was just wondering if these things have a longish lead time coming straight from schroth, or if they're stocked and ship same day.

I haven't ordered mine yet since the seats haven't arrived, let alone starting to work on cage. I intend to get the schroth clubman 6pts. Which did you order?
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
        Gotcha, makes sense. I was just wondering if these things have a longish lead time coming straight from schroth, or if they're stocked and ship same day.

I haven't ordered mine yet since the seats haven't arrived, let alone starting to work on cage. I intend to get the schroth clubman 6pts. Which did you order?
        Same thing, Schroth Clubman 6pt. Great deal and since Im not fuhraze Hans status yet, this will work. When I get to my fuhraze faze, there will be a wilder seat along with a wilder harness and this stuff will get moved over to the pass side
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

So these arrived today

But I'm more excited that my neighbor got a unimog, he's a pretty lucky SOB

edit: now that Ive come down from my high off seeing that insane unimog, Im excited for this weekend, because hopefully I will have a bunch of work done on the car this weekend.... I have a dream because MLK Day is giving me another day off
          Last edited by 2mAn; 01-10-2017, 11:02 PM.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Got a few things done today. I changed the power window stuff to the manual stuff from my old door. Hooray I can roll my window down again!

The main thing I wanted to get done was installing the Schroth Harness. Here we are with the seat out of the way

Carefully measured the holes to drill in the floor and the single one in the tunnel. I used these plates I bought from Sube Sports to make my life easy.

Here's the plates under the car for the dickhole straps and the best pic I could get of the one in the tunnel. It's pretty close to the CSB but there's enough clearance

And a little while later it's all done. Still a few minor things to clean up but I'm pretty much done

Next up is getting Konis for the front and getting the ducting for the brakes done. Big Willow is going to be fun
            Last edited by 2mAn; 01-16-2017, 05:58 PM.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Saw the gram, looks awesome! Lets GTG soon and romp around some nice roads :-)

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Man, I want that steering wheel!

how much more/less does your motor/trans weigh over a standard M20 motor/trans? Sorry if I missed that if it was posted before!
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Is your carpet dyed?

Comment

Awwww yeaaaaa looking good!!
                    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Good job!! Gonna be a track beast!
                      E30 now S52
                      2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                      325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

nice!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the love everyone, Im really pumped for more track time. This setup is so much fun on the track

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          Man, I want that steering wheel!

how much more/less does your motor/trans weigh over a standard M20 motor/trans? Sorry if I missed that if it was posted before!
                          Thanks Eric, your car is an inspiration to me, but mine will stay narrow and as light as possible.

That steering wheel was a clutch find and a must have once I came back from Germany, and seeing all of them on the BMW factory race cars. Finding the hub was a headache, but so worth it now.

The aluminum block M52 doesnt seem to have a weight penalty over the M20 in anyway. The car weighed 2400 with the M20 in it and 2450 with the M52, but I had also added a lukebox which weighed about 60 pounds when I weighed it after removing it recently.

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
                          Is your carpet dyed?
                          Nope, factory black/anthracite carpet. Need to find something similar to cover the naked rear area.

Im really curious where the current weight is at because essentially this will be the setup for a little while, so I might have to drop it off at JMP and have them put it on their scales and see the weight and how bad it is balanced right now. I think its better than you can imagine
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Nope, factory black/anthracite carpet. Need to find something similar to cover the naked rear area.
                            Oh, it looks a lot darker than mine does

Comment

Im really curious where the current weight is at because essentially this will be the setup for a little while, so I might have to drop it off at JMP and have them put it on their scales and see the weight and how bad it is balanced right now. I think its better than you can imagine
                              Let's have a "rear seat delete plate" party. I need to make one too.
                              I'll cover it for you as well with whatever material you want through our family's business - just cover the cost.

I think Alex R. has bottom panel measurements actually?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                                Let's have a "rear seat delete plate" party. I need to make one too.
                                I'll cover it for you as well with whatever material you want through our family's business - just cover the cost.

I think Alex R. has bottom panel measurements actually?
                                down! I think Charlie (sh3pak!ng) will want to join in too
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X