Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325ic Calypso Euro Conversion - Houndstooth & dbilas now, MT1 & MM 3.2 stroker coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad to oblige Luis... I think
    Love your neon blau sedan!!!! saludos

seat covers done.. should be getting them next week.

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:41 AM.
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Looking great Brad. Ill be sure to share my redyed interior as soon as its done...soon :-)
      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
      Alice the Time Capsule
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

my euro front panel / euro valance is delayed AGAIN to OCTOBER 4!!! DAMN. Anyone know how to get 41331933772 sooner? ordered the damn thing end july!!!

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Bumpers arrived! assembling now - will post pics shortly.

Not really happy with the re-chrome job but it's certainly good enough to mount on the car. Difference between the rechromed OEM front and the ECS repro front euro bumper is noticeable but nothing major - the repro is a little bit rougher/wavier in some spots, but definitely presentable. Chrome quality on the repros is excellent. They are made in poland by polcar (www.polcar.com)

If I had to do it over again, I'd buy the ECS front and rear kits and be done with it.

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
            Looking great Brad. Ill be sure to share my redyed interior as soon as its done...soon :-)
            I have no doubt they will look amazing Jeff. The quality of your work speaks for itself.

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

headrests!

just waiting on the husco armrest, door pulls/armrests and map pockets. all covered in the same leather.
              Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:42 AM.

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                I have no doubt they will look amazing Jeff. The quality of your work speaks for itself.
                Whats so cool about this is despite different approaches, we are both dealing with the same component refinishing right down to the Husco (except Im doing my door trim rings). I'd love to see pics of how your Husco turns out since I havent decided what color to do mine in. I've also had some second thoughts about changing the door pulls and map pocket colors but your project removes any doubts.

I ordered some extra dye which should be here tomorrow so we may even have our cars back together around the same time.

What fun lol
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

Alice the Time Capsule
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Contrasting door pulls and map pockets can look fantastic. I think the colors chosen are critical though. black pulls on cardinal door cards or inserts works wonderfully. Black on natur or perl is too much imho. Chocolate on natur yes. Maybe black on grey but I doubt it. The two colors should be closer in shade and hue I think. Some contrast but not a lot of it.

Also reversing the scheme (light pulls on dark) has its own issues. Key I think is not too much contrast when you do that. My natur pulls will be on the dark houndstooth but with the light pattern matching. That balances things out well.

Can't wait to see your interior!!

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Having a hard time with the front bumper trim. pretty clear how to use these bumper trim clips and they fit well in the plastic. they're used to hold the rear bumper rubber too

Unfortunately they don't fit very well on the ends of the front center trim. they're too small for the plastic mount and too low to stick through to the bumper. even bending the clip won't help.
                    callie-euro front trim clip2 by

UPDATE: Levent and hendrixvodu clued me in. need to pull the clips through to the back side of the bumper. also make sure the center barbs stick out far enough to grab the back side of the bumper when installed.

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
                    I know they sell different size clips
                    Confirmed, 2 size clips. My fronts were all the large size. My rear parts mounting kit has the smaller size clips for both the front and rear bumper. I was able to make them work here.

the realoem front bumper listing I used show a "Clip", part number 51111838076. This must be the large clip.

the realoem rear bumper listing I'm using shows a different part called "Clamp", 51111867927. It's definitely smaller.

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:45 AM.

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      Contrasting door pulls and map pockets can look fantastic. I think the colors chosen are critical though. black pulls on cardinal door cards or inserts works wonderfully. Black on natur or perl is too much imho. Chocolate on natur yes. Maybe black on grey but I doubt it. The two colors should be closer in shade and hue I think. Some contrast but not a lot of it.

Also reversing the scheme (light pulls on dark) has its own issues. Key I think is not too much contrast when you do that. My natur pulls will be on the dark houndstooth but with the light pattern matching. That balances things out well.

Can't wait to see your interior!!
                      My door pulls may have a little too mch "contrast" for your liking lol

Alice the Time Capsule

Comment

Found a couple of pics scattered around and added them to fporro's early model euro bumper DIY thread.

US at the bottom of course - holes for the bumper shocks and the trim above the aluminum DB bumper. Both areas are sealed in the euro car. Good pic to share with your body guy.

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:46 AM.

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Confused about the rear bumper caps.. posted this in the appearance thread too.

I know the end caps on early model chrome euro bumpers are different between the coupes and verts.. any luck getting the vert end caps to work though? they seem mount to the chrome side bumper pieces differently.

I'm seeing these part numbers in realoem, comparing an early model euro 323i coupe and an 85 euro 325ic:

bumper rear left and right (chrome)
                          51121922161 coupe and vert left
                          51121922162 coupe and vert right
                          51121888276 coupe and vert center

left end cap (not mtechnic)
                          coupe 51121888287
                          vert 51121937413

right end cap (not mtechnic)
                          coupe 51121888288
                          vert 51121937414

Pics of the caps front and back. note how they mount differently to the chrome bumper side piece

the front and back of the driver's side bumper (original part, sand blasted and rechromed - not happy with the result but that's another story)

Here's the coupe cap mounted on the chrome side piece. everything fits

The vert cap piece has a different mounting design

Not sure what to do about this. Could use some advice.
                          Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:51 AM.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Rear bumper's in - looks terrific. Still have a few holes to seal but used TDE30's procedure

The vert end cap is held in place by a body nut and screw attached to the quarter panel. Unlike the coupe end cap, it rests against the end of the bumper rather than attached to it.

Original front panel/ valance going back in until I can score a 772. So fogs will have to wait
                            Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:30 PM.

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Trial fitted the front bumper setup with the stock valance. No fogs but man it looks great. Back off, getting the headlamp washer and euro smiley wiring done now. Will need to pull the front end off one more time once the 772 euro valance finally gets here.

Anyone ever retrofitted the euro rear fog setup with K9 relay? Would love to get this all done one time.

Heated seat harness is going in too. Interior should be here this week.

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

seats are back from justin. they really look wonderful. will post some decent pics once they're assembled and installed.

holding off on leather covered rear quarters, husco and arm rests until next year. been busy cleaning up the existing vinyl covered bits with Magic Eraser. If you haven't used it on your interior vinyl yet you're missing out - check out the difference on the tonneau cover.

headlamp washer system is in but still have some wiring to do. went ahead and installed the heated seat wiring harness too. tested with a spare heated seat and everything works.

picked up a trunk lid liner last year and finally got around to getting that in as well.
                                Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:31 PM.

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X