Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325ic Calypso Euro Conversion - Houndstooth & dbilas now, MT1 & MM 3.2 stroker coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
    The Husco looks great as does the rest ofmyourninterior.
    thanks! I must say my wife and I get alot of enjoyment looking at it.

As for the cup holder, it's a worthless POS. The wire flops around and a water bottle never stays quite up right not to mention the whole enchilada gets in the way of shifting gears.
    Hmm sounds like you have it installed backwards bud. cupholder faces rear, armrest slides forward. check out the install instructions here. Just don't drill the holes on the passenger side where it says to. In my car it didn't line up with the driver side bracket. So now I have 2 visible holes in the rear console and have to replace it.

EDIT: graphic from the instruction manual cover

I saw your WTB ad and almost offered you mine (at a normally silly Husco price of course) but then decided it wouldnt be doing you a favor.
    haha. just looking for the cupholder bits themselves. agree the wire holders are a bit shallow. I'm more interested in the armrest anyway, which at least in my case is solidly mounted and feels really nice on its sliders.
    Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:04 PM.
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

nice job!
      '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
        thanks! I must say my wife and I get alot of enjoyment looking at it.

Hmm sounds like you have it installed backwards bud. cupholder faces rear, armrest slides forward. check out the install instructions here. Just don't drill the holes on the passenger side where it says to. In my car it didn't line up with the driver side bracket. So now I have 2 visible holes in the rear console and have to replace it.

haha. just looking for the cupholder bits themselves. agree the wire holders are a bit shallow. I'm more interested in the armrest anyway, which at least in my case is solidly mounted and feels really nice on its sliders.
        I'm sure it came with instructions but it's been so long I don't recall. My arm rest slides forward but what good would the cup holder be facing rear ward. Now you got me thinking I should sell it since obviously SOMEONE thinks it has value ;)
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
          nice job!
          Thanks! your vert was definitely one of my inspirations!

This just arrived today from Levent - Jimmy Hill Lip A/C version with hardware

Mounted. Just dying without that d@mn 772 eurovalance..
          Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:05 PM.

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

What a euro calypso front should look like (with standard front spoiler)

and the rear - soooooooo clean
            Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:06 PM.

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Well my E36 rack blew a seal after < 1k miles of use. Rich at rackdoctor is shipping me a new one tomorrow. Not sure what caused the seal failure.

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Rack.. bumpers...

Well Rich from rackdoctor is AWESOME. Got a replacement rack shipped fedex and it arrived before the 4th weekend. Back on the car and couldn't be happier.

my re-chromed euro-bumpers are another story altogether. HGC Custom Chrome near Fort Wayne Indiana are CROOKS. Take a look at the peel.. obviously poorly prepared, and the chrome is less than paper thin. I am so pissed at these people I don't know what to do. They've offered to re-chrome everything, but I just don't trust them. What would you do?

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:07 PM.

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Shaming HGC Custom Chrome

Subject : Re: disappointed
                  To : hgcchrome@XXXXX
                  Fri, Sep 20, 2013 10:37 AM
                  Attachment1 attachment
                  Thanks for the reply. I may take you up in your offer in a month or two. The car is going into storage soon so I can remove the bumpers then. In the meantime I'm gonna drive the darn thing a bit before the weather turns.

The chrome also appears to be very delicate. It is flaking off near the new bolts I put on to assemble the side pieces and center. The chrome later seems to be VERY thin, and then dark gray underneath that. Was it really electroplated? A few stone chips and this thing will probably start rusting.

I've had cars with chrome bumpers before - recently matter of fact. You could scratch the bumper quite deeply and still have chrome underneath. That's what I was expecting. And no rust AT ALL. I think for $500 that's a very reasonable expectation.

I bought a reproduction chrome front bumper a few weeks back while I was waiting for these. They're not original but the plating is excellent. The color matches the new chrome trim pieces perfectly - no yellow in the clear coat. It was made in Poland by Polcar - not China - and cost me $400 including all the plastic trim turn signals and mounting hardware. That means the chrome front bumper bits themselves cost less than $300.

So Darryl between all this and the repeated broken promises on shipping I feel like an idiot here paying you $500 for this. really do. You had the full payment for over 3 weeks before I received my stuff, which really made me doubt my decision.

The work I received is worth maybe $200-$250 in my mind. Certainly not the $500 plus shipping I paid you.

You have a long way to go for me to to get a favorable opinion of your work. Call me a bonehead but I'm still willing to give it a shot though. I fundamentally believe that people should be given chances. You've really tested my belief though.

Please let me know what you want to do here.

Thanks
                  --brad

PS I certainly am not trying to offend you by the way. As far as I know I've only stated facts here. I also have kept this experience to myself so your business has not been hurt from this, at least from my end.

On Sep 20, 2013, at 10:01, hgcchrome@XXXXX wrote:

I am very sorry that you are not happy with the bumpers but if i would have known that you had new chrome going next to these parts i would have told you to send those pieces to so we could match color. If you will give me a chance to re run those i will guarantee them to be done in 2 weeks & we will pay all shipping & please send those other parts with your parts! As far as the rust coming thru, I have new people here & they probable did not get all of it off! I will guarantee they will look better & match your new parts!
                  ----- Original Message -----
                  To: "Darryl Hill" <hgcchrome@XXXXX>
                  Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:06:17 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
                  Subject: disappointed

Darryl

the bumpers finally arrived about 6:30 tonight. I am very unhappy with the work, but I don't want to go through another 2+ months of BS. Here are the main problems:

1) the clear is not clear. It has a yellow tint. These bumpers have small chrome covers between the side and center pieces. I bought brand new chrome trim covers. They do not match the bumpers you rechromed.

2) you left rust on the inside of the bumpers. The rust has already come through on one of the parts.

I'm too ticked off right now to do anything about this. But I am extremely unhappy with this whole transaction - the quality of the work, the weeks of delays, all of it.

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

e30.de inspiration

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

some good M20 ITB info on jalopnik

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

and the rear - soooooooo clean
                        What kind of valance is below the bumper here?

Comment

It's the stock early model short metal valance

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Scored a new decklid from Levent - finally getting rid of the trunk wart. will get the deck lid and 772 eurovalance painted soon.

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Scored a new decklid from Levent - finally getting rid of the trunk wart. will get the deck lid and 772 eurovalance painted soon.
                              went with a new trunk lid - will use the no-rust used decklid on the new IX. Will keep the original deck lid with brake light wart since it still has the vin sticker on it.

definitely getting these parts painted soon. need to get body shutz on the front panel before paint, then I can finally mount the new bumpers and euro fogs.
                              Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:09 PM.

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

I like all the new body panels. Any up dates on your itbs?
                                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X