2002 + s2000 = S2002 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30_neverstock View Post
    or go f20c= 240hp stock. light, reliable, cheap parts, and they love boost.
    i
    Last edited by knuklehead92; 07-31-2014, 11:13 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

If you don't have luck with the junkyard I have the 318is fuel pump and complete volvo front brake kit I don't need for my project anymore. Shoot me a pm if your interested.

Also, post some info on the welder you ordered. If it truly is a straight stick welder your gonna have a hell of a time working with sheet metal. Flux core would also be tricky, but doable.

Looking good so far, Plans look solid.
      Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
      Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
      Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
      Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

Comment

Originally posted by knuklehead92 View Post
        .... i dont even know its worth fixing lol i just ordered a stick welder i dont know give me your opinions, theres no rust in front of the car but shit tons in back of the car, the front and rear shock towers are clean.
        Seriously now. If you're not sure whether it's worth it replacing 02´s rocker panels.. When you take the car apart more, you will find rust that's harder to repair properly.

Stick welder is not a tool for repairing car body. What you need is MIG/MAG welder at least, and a lot of practice.

Comment

lol just for fun(yes i know it backwards)
          Last edited by knuklehead92; 07-31-2014, 11:13 AM.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

thats absurdly fuckin rusty.
            E30 buildy things
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Looks like my car used to...

Comment

Yeah your going to need a MIG welder budy, or you'll be burning holes all day and make more work for your self.
                Bigest lesson I learned with my last build (that I didn't get to finish) was TAKE YOUR TIME. If you try and rush anything you won't be happy with it and it will suck.
                You will need to cut that trans tunnel out to fit the g260 corectly.
                Do you have "6 into 2 does go?" It's very helpful.
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Why not a m42 and a turbo....keeps it light up front.

And yes a stick welder isn't going to work very good for body work.... From the rust in the subframe pickup points I am guessing this is a sunroof car? Mine was worse that that...anything is fixable. Just take your time
                  www.classicdaily.net
                  1970 m42 swapped 2002
                  1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                  https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                    And yes a stick welder isn't going to work very good for body work.... From the rust in the subframe pickup points I am guessing this is a sunroof car? Mine was worse that that...anything is fixable. Just take your time
                    This gentleman knows what he's talking about.

Comment

hey guys guess i what got.....

ls1 bitches....

got it from yoshi, ecu, harness, injectors, basically everything just need to put it back together.

ill post more pics later too tired

haters guna hate!

Comment

Good luck with that. What's the weight on that thing? What trans are you gonna use?

Comment

short block around 200 pounds no heads attached, going to use t56

Comment

Interesting, I wonder how your weight balance will be with everything in place.

Oh, make sure to add brakes and diff to the list of stuff to replace. With an LS1 the 'volvo' vented upgrade won't cut it, and you'll be blowing up the stock diff with that torque like it's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkwithanr View Post
                              Interesting, I wonder how your weight balance will be with everything in place.

Oh, make sure to add brakes and diff to the list of stuff to replace. With an LS1 the 'volvo' vented upgrade won't cut it, and you'll be blowing up the stock diff with that torque like it's a joke.

lol i know.. i will be getting brakes from massive, and going to use tii struts. a
                              Last edited by knuklehead92; 07-31-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

well i talked to ak sportscars, they make a adapter kit for the ls1 to use the getrag 260. i might go this route to keep the weight down, cheap, easier to fit.

the kit comes with the adapter plate , a centralizing disc , a bearing for the crank and a sleeve for the clutch bearing. they told me all i need is the transmission, ls3 flywheel, ls3 clutch, and starter for it to work

Comment

Working...
                                X