Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TR-42 build. Non e30 content. Subaru powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a tach from a motorcycle?

sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Yes. This one has a 10k max RPM but they make the same model w/ a 20k RPM

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
        Seriously, it is a GREAT investment

Thanks man. I'll get some vids up as soon as it starts!
        What's your timeline for having this thing running?

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
          What's your timeline for having this thing running?
          A few months probably....

In order for this thing to be running we need to do the following:

Finish engine setup -- 1000cc injectors, Grimmspeed uppipe, turbo-back exhaust, turbo/wastegate, intercooler & piping, wiring harness, ECU mounting & tuning.

Chassis wiring -- battery, headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horns, gauges, cluster.

And than it's exterior/interior time -- body work, paint, leather wrap, etc.

Comment

Yes. This one has a 10k max RPM but they make the same model w/ a 20k RPM
            It reminds me of the one I had on my RC51. Is this a kit you can buy with all the sensors or did you pull it off a bike? Just curious how it reads out, magnet based like a lot of them?
            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Good work!

I have the same craftsman 1/2" impact. With the Extended XCP lithium battery you can get that sum'bitch to whip out about 350-375 lbs loosening.

Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks guys!

This weekend we got some stuff done. Car cover built and extended 17" taller (Harbor Frieght purchase) to clear the doors. Coolant hoses are all routed. VDO gauges ordered. AEM eugo wideband ordered. 4 point harnesses ordered. Intercooler is being figured out. We are going to be using a top mount air-water IC from frozenboost. We are trying to figure out the best size heat exchanger for how much room we have (or don't have)

Comment

Trying out flickr...guess they have unlimited monthly bandwidth.

Here's some pics of the gas tank filler neck thing. Still learning how to weld the aluminum!

gas tank tacked by namesdutt, on Flickr

gas tank welded by namesdutt, on Flickr

Comment

Haha! I love the Hella supertones!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      Haha! I love the Hella supertones!

All of the Subaru guys do it, we're just following the crowd!

Comment

And here's a pic of me I took for the photography class I just started

TIG Portrait by Jeff States, on Flickr

Comment

gas tank welded by namesdutt, on Flickr
                          Awesome project man, looks great! That thing is going to be an animal.

Those welds look fine! Our welder at work has been TIGing for like 30 years and his beads look about the same as yours. It's all about surface prep and getting adequate penetration which it looks like you did.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

My feels every time you update this thread.

Comment

Got a few updates (small ones)

Tank reinstalled w/ new filler

Fuel Safe by Jeff States, on Flickr

Misc coolant tubes

Coolant tubes -- Center Tunnel by Jeff States, on Flickr

Coolant tubes -- center tunnel --> engine by Jeff States, on Flickr

Comment

Got some stuff done over the weekend. Gas filler door partly mounted -- still need bolts/nuts. The ones that came with it were too short.

We are running a frozenboost water/air intercooler setup. Heat exchanger is mounted in front of the radiator. Intercooler is a type 14. Pump is the 401FC type. Pics:

Gas Filler Door - closed and locked by Jeff States, on Flickr

Gas Filler Door - open by Jeff States, on Flickr

Intercooler setup

Air/Water intercooler setup by Jeff States, on Flickr

Heat Exchanger for A/W Intercooler by Jeff States, on Flickr

Gauges ------ AEM wideband. VDO: boost, oil pressure, coolant temp, ammeter, voltmeter

VDO Gauges by Jeff States, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X