Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TR-42 build. Non e30 content. Subaru powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those axles are incredible.
    View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

dem axles....

Comment

will there b any vibration issues with the axles? i would imagine that they would need to get balanced?

Comment

^
          This is what I was wondering. I did a drive shaft the same way you did those axles and it had some vibration.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

We honestly won't know until we drive it. There are a few Porsche 914 guys who have done this and didn't report any noticeable vibration. We'll see

Thanks guys for the positive comments!

Comment

What's the plan for the shift linkage?

BTW great project!!! For sure i'll be lots of fun to build and great reward driving it :-)

Comment

It will be cable linkage. My dad and I have a few ideas. We'll start working on it once we get the new clutch in and the trans fully installed.

Comment

sounds like good plan for now

Comment

Shift linkage!

Comment

Axles are in and mounted.

Finished up most of the shift linkage and started on the aftermarket clutch slave cylinder. With the stage 3 clutch, the clutch was HARD to press with the stock slave..it was not very user friendly.. So we decided to buy a new slave that would be more friendly with us.

It is a Wilwood unit from Summit.

We bled the system and all seems well..no leaks...yet.. The clutch is now MUCH easier to engage/disengage. It still needs some fine tuning but we almost got it nailed.

Comment

This is excellent
                        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                          This is excellent
                          Thanks man! Hoping we'll get some more done on this this weekend. We are waiting on misc engine bits to get this thing running. Deutschwerks 1000cc injectors just came in the mail. Intake mani has been ordered. Undecided on the turbo currently...thoughts? Trying not to break the bank BTW :p

Comment

Here's the the clutch "linkage." The stage 3 clutch was extremely difficult to engage/disengage so we decided to make it easier. Here's what we came up with. It works surprisingly well.

Here is the shift linkage. There are some tweaks we still need to fix but it works for the most part!

Comment

excellent

Comment

love this man
                                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                                Got Drop?? ;-)
                                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                                But of course
                                E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
                                X