No announcement yet.

The not-so-fancy making of a vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the compliments fellas. I'm really trying to do the best I can with what I have. Just a quick update. I got to work on the car today and finally put the front together, along with wiring the headlights. I love the way the lights turned out so I wanted to share it with yall.

Comment

Looks great!

I really need a garage. :(
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

nice work!
        im around rockville all the time, i hope to see this thing on the road.
        www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
        2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
          nice work!
          im around rockville all the time, i hope to see this thing on the road.
          You and me both bro. You and me both. I did get it registered today though, so coming soon! To the streets near you.

And thanks for the motivating comments guys this car has come a long way since I bought it. Also I've never worked on any car on this scale, so for the most part it's all my first time. So don't judge too harshly.

Comment

Got to install my steering wheel this weekend, the rest is yet to come

Also,finally got to give it a wash

Engine bay is pretty much finished

Comment

Awesome

Comment

lookin good.

Comment

Alright guys, here comes the last post. I was driving the car to a shop last Thursday when this happened. Please don't make this a speculation thread about what went wrong, it's done now and nothing good will come out of it. Over a year and a half in the making, over ten grand invested, hundreds of hours of work. I don't think I'll be getting into another e30 anytime soon but if I do you'll be the first ones to know. For my next project I'm thinking a turbo e24 Shark but that won't be for a while. Y'all take care.

Pretty much everything is gone now, and the insurance is offering me $2700 for it. I'd appreciate any advice on dealing with the insurance. But that's about it. Thanks for looking. The end.

Comment

Holy....wtf?
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

if you need info. i just sold my mtech2, look in the FS section. print that and show that to them. $10800.

i almost lost mine to a small fire. it was a poor run power to sub line. if someone hadn't helped me it would have looked like this.

best of luck with a new car
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                        if you need info. i just sold my mtech2, look in the FS section. print that and show that to them. $10800.

i almost lost mine to a small fire. it was a poor run power to sub line. if someone hadn't helped me it would have looked like this.

best of luck with a new car
                        Thanks for the input man. I saw your ad, that's one fine car you've had.

Comment

Oh wow, that hurt. I was not expecting that picture. Damn...
                          1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
                          1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
                          1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
                          E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Oh man, I can only imagine how bad you must feel!
                            Really sorry for your loss.

Comment

Thanks guys, I can't even describe what it feels like. I was worried about crashing it or somebody running into it, but I never thought it was going to go down like this. It was going to be such an awesome car... For what it's worth I had a blast driving it for the first and last time, it pulled like a train. Overall it was a great experience and a great car. It has become a part of my life and now that it's gone I have nothing to do. I have no regrets though, it was the best project I've ever done.

Comment

Working...
                              X