Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro: (another) E30 LS3M3

Hello Everybody,

This site has been a great resource while building my car so I thought I would extend a thanks and share my project. The goal was to build a fun car that didn't attract too much attention. Something capable but not too flashy.

I'm still dialing in the tune and trying to "finish" the car. It's always the last bits that take the longest...

Here are some pics-

More info on the build?

This is awesome. Nice work.

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun and a hell of a first post. Is it street driven or just for the track?
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Thanks! Oh man, lots of little stuff, here's the basics:

LS3 w/heads/cam/Holley EFI/etc
        T56
        32G Cell (700mi Range?)
        3.46 Diff w/mount tied to Fuel Cell mount
        Frame Rail Stiffeners tied to roll bar and "tank area" X-Brace

I'm aiming for a dependable 500whp. Trying to finish up... Working on ducting and an undertray/splitter now.

Comment

you wanted a car that didn't attract a lot of attention, so you've built an LS3 e30 M3.. lol.

in any case, that build looks really clean and properly built, well done! Did you use garrett's mounts? AEM dash?
          cars beep boop

Comment

Thats a crazy setup, awesome attention to not to flashy but wicked on a track.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                That looks like a lot of fun and a hell of a first post. Is it street driven or just for the track?
                Cheers! It's funny, I intended to build it for the street but have recently been made aware that it's a bit much for a DD. I was thinking the whole time that the Cat and Muffler would make it mellow, right? Maybe more muffler?

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  you wanted a car that didn't attract a lot of attention, so you've built an LS3 e30 M3.. lol.

in any case, that build looks really clean and properly built, well done! Did you use garrett's mounts? AEM dash?
                  I know, it's a disease I caught from too much time on the track. Just can't stop once a build starts...
                  Yes, Racepak dash, and props to Garrett's mounts. Quality brackets! It's his fault I built this. It was one of those "Oh look, mounts, easy, I'll just put an old LS1 in a fun car, 2-3 months tops" kind of things.

There is hope though, it's more chill than the last failed street project, and driving it doesn't make me fear for my license:

Comment

Holy fawk!, welcome aboard Sir., that looks insanely fun. :up:
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Looks good! I'm on the downhill of my build too. Only an ls1 though..I cant imagine 40% more HP! Can't wait to see it in person. Great job!

Comment

Holy shit dat Mazda!! More pics please. I think if you were trying to build a car that doesn't attract attention you failed when you choose LS3 M3 E30

Originally posted by naterry View Post
                        It was one of those "Oh look, mounts, easy, I'll just put an old LS1 in a fun car, 2-3 months tops" kind of things.
                        Q F T !!!!!!
                        Next thing you know your sinking $25k into a 500 hp + monster
                        I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                        Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Amazing!
                          I have friends who are EOD bro.

That's awesome. I have friends who make coffee for a living, but you don't see me rocking out a bunch of lattes

Comment

LS3 is a very decent engine. I am using one in my next lemons project.

240DL with ls3 and t56
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Where da heck you been hiding dude?

Awesome build - you should have taken us along for the ride. Is the build thread on a board somewhere?
                              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Working...
                              X