Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello SAM. Cirrus ftw.

Updates ..

I got ready to install my refurbished oil pan. I drop the oil and looked at the threads. They looked good so I put a new crush washer on and no more leak. Goes to show you change out the crush washer every time!.

I picked up the injectors form the shop and they looked great I installed them and the car runs a little better, smoother idle and the knowledge that they all are spraying correctly worth the money to do it.

This week end when waiting for parts I clean up the wiring on the passengers side. nothing crazy just cleaned up the routing of some and removed others.

After I cleaned it

Then cleaned up the driver’s side removed the Cruise control. Still need to install the ABS delete kit!!!!

I will be installing M3 wire covers and wire tucking the drivers side. Soon. Stay tooned.

Comment

I waited to long to do this. Best e30 mod ever. CLUTCH STOP! I dug around in my bolts bin and found a bolt that was long enough and the right thread. Now it is so nice to shift. Now my knee doesn't hurt as much ( long story) when clutching. Worth the free bolt and 30 seconds on my knees threading it in. I will jb weld a pad on top this weekend, but I don't mind the clink I hear.

I hope to test my fuel pressure after the rail this week end and blow out the return line.
      make it to emissions and pass this time.

Comment

can't wait to get back into town! definitely need to hit up pavs
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Update on wheels please!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice progress so far. What'd the injector cleaning run ya? I think I wanna go pull some 19 lb'ers off an m30 from a junk yard and have em cleaned.
          (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
          1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

$25 each they recap/o-ring them.

Wheels are low priority untill I pass emissions.

Wheels Update
            Barrels need to be finish cleaned. Still slowly working on the faces it's a lot of space to blast .the lips haven't even started to sand them. Lots of work still.

I will buy 1500 and 2000 grit paper this weekend. And get one lip started.

I finally finish trimmed the sides of my mk3 lip looks a lot better.

Comment

wow 2 months later up date...

I took the E30 off the road because it would not pass emissions. I ended up buying my sister's 2000 expedition to match my wife's expedition.having 2 of the same BIG trucks is not all it cracked up to be . limited space in the carport and 14 MPG on both trucks sucks G*ASS

Putting the E30 on the back burner until last week. when I took it to Jack @ Stuttgart Southwest and he tuned my air meter to pass( the only thing I couldn't do).
              Now I have a registered E30 !!!!!!!

Here in lies the problem I have 2 cars for daily, I kinda fell in love with the expedition. Mind you all I am FORD guy to the core ( I have had a vintage mustang for 14 years).

The E30 will be cool with the wheels and the little mods I have planned but its 6-12 months from being a respectable daily.Its hard to choose a 88 E30 with lots of little things that still need to be done over a '00 ford that I just have to add gas and change the oil.

My wife wants me to sell the E30 and Wheels and put some cash into my long term project ( Mustang) and just daily the Ford.
              I really want to get further on the mustang Project. The E30 takes time and money away from it as it is.

I just feel like I should finish the E30....... but the goal of it was to make a reliable/ respectable daily. The ford checks almost all the boxes I want. But there is a lack of my personality in it. I would have no plans on modifying it just driving it. This would be a first for any of my 65 cars, yeah 65 believe it or not. so I feel I'm letting my INNER car guys down by laying up and daily a stock SUV.

Rant over...................

Up date the rims!!
              They are NOT getting Powder coated any more I am having them bead/vibration polished!!! They should be bad ass fully polished mesh wheels!!!!

Comment

sanded down and installed

Comment

NEW shift boot!

Now need to find a new drivers seat belt buckle.

I have cleaned/ detailed the trunk area. Now need to find a OEM jack and tow hook and the trunk will be finishied

I have fog light covers to replace my cracked out fogs. ( AZ never gets fog anyways LOL)
                  I have painted them black and will take pics when they are installed.

Comment

PHOTOS!!!!!

Comment

Also in Chandler, build is looking good!
                      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Here is what you want. wheel updates.

3 more faces to strip and the rest is done . dropping them off to the polisher next week!!!!

Comment

Shadow line.

New back seat.

I burned my lip when I was working on the driveshaft.

Comment

Took the roof rack off my old expedition and...

Need to get cross rails.

Comment

Some cool pics of zinc bolts.

Going a little different direction with wheels. Brushed lips
                              Last edited by ikonwun; 10-18-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

More wheels.

Well I'm wheel whore!

New wheels.

16x8.5 16x9.5

And all on 205/40 rubbers.... Will post pic of that laters.
                                Last edited by ikonwun; 10-18-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X