Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cirrus Saloon

Hello,

So I picked up a E30 BMW in Feb I have been working on it and just got around to making a Proper Build thread.

Specs
    CIRRUSBLAU-MET Saloon
    325e manual ( 250xxxmiles on swapped in IS cluster *unknown actual miles) I have come to believe the is one of the Super ETA’s that everyone loves.
    Its only revs to 5300, a 153 DME/1.1 motronic and has a 2.7 block with twin exhaust. Has diving boards with 89 front/rear lower valances.

Car is Clean with no rust was from Texas now in AZ. I will be doing some light body work and a re-spray if I keep the car.

No big plans for the car just daily status, Lower it and clean it up.

It sat in a garage for 3 years before I bought it so lots of work was a head of me.
    I've started to do lots of the basic maintaince that it needs badly. see Repairs

Here's what everyone wants!! Pics!!

Repairs
    J-B welded vacuum nipple back into TB, Fuel filter (twice), spark plugs, new battery, new neg battery cable, new 3.0 FPR then a 2.5 FPR, New vacuum lines(FPR, valve cover breather, hard asfcuk under the manifold/behind the TB to evap canister hose), valve adjustment, new water pump , timing belt, sand blasted covers, new injectors and fuel rail, bypassed TB coolant thing, new cap and rotor, cleaned fuel tank, all new fuel lines, new fuel Pump, rebuild my driveshaft, Gasket matched /ported my stock cast exhaust manifold( for the fun of it), the welded in cat that was in the nasty stock smaller that IS twin exhaust clogged up. I found an ANSA exhaust locally and cleaned it up and installed it, the A/c system has been converted over to r-134a by BMW lucked out on that one ( it has a charge in it but it is weak and blows cool but never ICE cold I will revamp the A/C next winter), Front CAB’s are Delrin offset with new control arm ball joints

Crazy no fun stuff
    Well I have been chasing a miss in cylinder #3 the last couple of days I have solved it... It was an injector stuck open.
    Then I decided to pull my injectors and rail. When i got my injectors out I found this...
    Wicked clogged number 3 injector. Which is weird because my number 3 cylinder was sticking open. Maybe full of dirt.

I also rebuilt the full drive shaft. Unserviceable my @ss.*

long story short I had to pull my gas tank to have it cleaned. I hate rust ! but now all like new!!!!

Suspension

Kw springs *Thanks Cody
    Bilstien sport front shocks*Thanks Cody
    M3 offset cabs Delrin.
    painted black BMW bottle caps with new tires. *Thanks Cody

To install still
    New tie-rods with spacers
    Stainless steel lines and ABS delete lines

Purchases on hold till wheels build is finished
    E90 spring hats
    Camaro rear shocks

Exterior
    Stock
    Tucked bumpers
    Then I addeda lip *MK3 2.0 ( I had it all ready)

Need todo
    Tint windows and shadow line the trim. Repaint mirrors black. Will re-spray next year after all body work is done.

Interior

Stock with EBay Sprayed black racing seats ( free to me better that the stock ripped ones) .
    I am looking for new stock interior but not high priority

Need to do.
    TINT ( live in AZ)
    Finish cleaning carpet

WHEELS

Wheel specs
    16x8 16x9.5 Elipson/ SoutherWays built in '83 5x130 bolt pattern.
    Swapped lips and barrels around with a buddy and got 4x628 (3in) lips, 2x652(5.5in) barrels, 2x667 (7.75in) barrels

Testing new wheels on the car before I refinish them

Front Side

Front top

Rear side

Rear top

Rear

Both side

Closest fitment I can find

Wheel specs

Front
    16 x 8
    20mm adapters

Rear
    16 x 9.5
    20mm adapters

I will get ET and Back spacing when I have time.

I will be building these for the next couple of months.

Centers will be media blasted to raw alum and cleared ** Started

Bolts will be yellow zinc coated dropping off 6/7

Lips need flaking chrome removed and then full hand polished
    Will be dropped off for chrome stripping 6/7

Barrels will be Painted Black

Rolling and pulling fenders to make this work . I might run a 15 wider adapter in rear
    Last edited by ikonwun; 06-06-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

noice! you're off to a great start! but for some reason the links aren't working.

*edit - nvm you fixed them. Great looking wheels!
      NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
      9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
      WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
      STÄTUS|
      Got Juice?|

Comment

AZ E30s coming out of the woodwork, welcome.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

how much of a pain was it to mount the VW lip? I have one that I am going to install, but Im more concerned about getting the car running first so its on the back burner
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That's a nice start! Looking forward to where it goes from here.
            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
              AZ E30s coming out of the woodwork, welcome.

yes Im Waygone (old e34 wagone) on azbmw and French-e on that azbmwcrew site. I haven't gone to any GTG yet.
              Last edited by ikonwun; 06-06-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                how much of a pain was it to mount the VW lip? I have one that I am going to install, but Im more concerned about getting the car running first so its on the back burner

Not hard had to cut all the little "tags" off the back and it goes on pretty easy I used sheet metal screws to do it I still have to finish trim the edges.

Comment

I run 16x8 style 5s with 18mm adapters in the front and 20mm in the rear. Factory offset of 23 so if you look thru my posts you will find some fitment pics that will be somewhat similar to yours bud! Love the wheels!

Comment

Finally the bolts are off to ZINC and lips are off to the chrome stripper!!!!!

Now I have to get the faces done sandblasted and the barrels cleaned and off to powder coat. I need to do work!

I ordered lots of little BMW parts today clips and what not. The cover under the driver's side of the dash came off and all the wires are finally getting on my nerves.

I'm fixing the spare /bad oil pan I have. It had stripped out threads beyond repair. I'm thinking about putting a turbo drain on it just in case I go crazy later on.

This weekend I should be installing a new oil pan and flushing the rad and refilling with distilled water and some coolant.

Comment

Wheels / parts update

Wheels how they started

Here is the color scheme I’m going for Polished lip, raw alu center and yellow zinc bolts

Not mine closest pic to what I want I could find.

So I the lips got picked up from me to get stripped on weds afternoon on Thursday Frank came back with these all stripped and ready to polish!!!!

Also got some vintage NOS Porsche center caps for FUCHS. Fits in my elipson’s very nicely

I had a spare oil pan that had the dreaded stripped drain plug. So I make a plug at my works fab shop and then had the Man Al weld it for me.

I got lots of little parts, clips, air filter and oil pan gasket CORK ftw.

I have extra grills and will start the next cosmetic project for the front end ( flame suit on)

This is the car that made me want to get my e30. I’ve looked at it for years. I’m an ex VW guy.

Comment

finally saw this build. I approve!
                        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                        (Daily Driver)
                        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                        KW V2 Coilovers
                        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I know you. when you getting back ?
                          That other oil pan was missing a chunk and could not be repaired.

I dropped off my injectors off at azspeed this morning for flow testing and cleaning. wont get them back till Monday. so car is down all weekend will be doing lots of fun stuff to it .

Comment

Originally posted by ikonwun View Post
                            I know you. when you getting back ?
                            That other oil pan was missing a chunk and could not be repaired.

Haha, I told you that in the text. Would have needed stupid amounts of cutting and welding to fix that corner.

Early august.
                            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                            (Daily Driver)
                            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                            KW V2 Coilovers
                            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Mike Put you your high beams back in!!!

ps. good work, like the write up
                              1989 325i 5Lug S52 - RIP 1991 325i S52

Comment

Working...
                              X