X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dillon7
    replied
    UPDATE

So last night I got the car fired up but I need an ICV. Went out and got one today so I could finally drive the damn thing.

Came home, hooked up the ICV, fired her up and she idled great.

Next, it was time to install the headlights. I painted the headlight housing while they were out.

Next was install the shifter.

Installed all the seats.

Then I installed the driveshaft but I didn't get any pics of that.

Finally, it was time to see if the thing would even move. Fired her up, let idle for a bout 5 minutes and all was good. Put her into first and away she moved.

My Dad, best friend, and I all hopped into the car to go on the first test drive. It was 12:30 at night with open headers so I tried to keep it decently quiet driving. After a while my Dad said hop out let me drive. He got in, put it in first and spun straight through and into second. Came time to turn around and he spun the whole way through the turn and fishtailed out. Needless to say it was an appropriate way to celebrate.

Now it's time to get an exhaust on it so I can actually drive it legally. But it feels good to finally get some reward.

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
    Was it the injectors?

Congrats!
    Yup bad injectors.

Originally posted by D-rock View Post
    Great thread

Oz Futuras!? Cant wait!!!
    Thanks man!

I need a new ICV before I can drive it.
    Last edited by dillon7; 01-06-2014, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• D-rock
    replied
    Great thread

Oz Futuras!? Cant wait!!!

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
    IT RUNS!!!!!!

Full update coming soon
    Was it the injectors?

Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    IT RUNS!!!!!!

Full update coming soon

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    oh and here is a little tease of what is coming

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    Well, tested all 6 of them and even had a mechanic come double check and we couldn't get them to open. I guess some how all 6 are bad which is really odd...time to buy some new ones.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    haha best advice I've got.

But a slight update. I have signal 12v going to the injectors so I'm getting signal. I tried to test the injectors by using a battery and i still couldn't get the injectors to fire.
    I'm starting to think my injectors are bad but I just can't bring myself to believe that somebody sold me bad injectors.
    I also feel like the likelihood of all 6 being bad is pretty slim. And yeah I didn't realize you had power at them. Good luck man.

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    Damn it. Sounds exactly like what happened to me and it was that power wire. Check the wires coming back from the injector harness then because they have their own like power wire. Like I said on the E34 harness, there was a little read wire with a connector on it that bolted to the under side of the deal that holds the 3 relays.

Other than that, I can't really speculate as I never wired a harness adapter. I cheated and bought a treehouse adapter.

You know what you need to do is stare at the car quietly for like 5-10 minutes. Let all frustration go. Go to Chipotle, get your delicious burrito and sit down and just think quietly. Give it a couple minutes and it will come to you. You will feel like a total idiot though because it's going to be something so small..
    haha best advice I've got.

But a slight update. I have signal 12v going to the injectors so I'm getting signal. I tried to test the injectors by using a battery and i still couldn't get the injectors to fire.
    I'm starting to think my injectors are bad but I just can't bring myself to believe that somebody sold me bad injectors.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Damn it. Sounds exactly like what happened to me and it was that power wire. Check the wires coming back from the injector harness then because they have their own like power wire. Like I said on the E34 harness, there was a little read wire with a connector on it that bolted to the under side of the deal that holds the 3 relays.

Other than that, I can't really speculate as I never wired a harness adapter. I cheated and bought a treehouse adapter.

You know what you need to do is stare at the car quietly for like 5-10 minutes. Let all frustration go. Go to Chipotle, get your delicious burrito and sit down and just think quietly. Give it a couple minutes and it will come to you. You will feel like a total idiot though because it's going to be something so small..

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
    your fuel line are on backwards.

I do this everytime i put a 24Valve into a car. its tradition now. With the exception of when i put my S50 into my car, i managed to get it right.
    Yeah I had them backwards at first but I fixed them and they injectors still aren't firing.

Leave a comment:

• TimKninja
    replied
    Still haven't gotten it to start.

I have spark and fuel is going into the rail but the injectors aren't firing. I'm assuming it is something electrical because there is no way all six of my injectors are bad.
    your fuel line are on backwards.

I do this everytime i put a 24Valve into a car. its tradition now. With the exception of when i put my S50 into my car, i managed to get it right.

Leave a comment:

• dillon7
    replied
    Are you using an E34 or E36 harness? On my E34 harness I had the same issue because the injector power cable is run to some post on the bottom of the thing that holds the 3 relays. Moved that to the power post in the bay and it fired right up.
    Pretty sure it's an e36 harness. I do have an extra cable that runs down near the starter. Is that the same one you are talking about? I checked to see if it was a hot wire though and it wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• kalib0y
    replied
    nice. Can't wait to see the end result

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Are you using an E34 or E36 harness? On my E34 harness I had the same issue because the injector power cable is run to some post on the bottom of the thing that holds the 3 relays. Moved that to the power post in the bay and it fired right up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X