No announcement yet.

Back in Black (now with s50 and bags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a couple days behind on my updates and only have pics from a couple days ago but I'll get this thread back up to speed tomorrow.

Last Friday I received some of my trim pieces back from paint and man, they came out fantastic. The color is spot on and exactly what I wanted.

I'm still waiting on over half my other trim pieces but hopefully they will be ready this week.

The work on the bumpers continues but I'm on the final stretch. Here is a photo of the bumper sanded down to 180 grit.

I'm much further along on the bumpers but I'll save that update for tomorrow.
    Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

so what are the plans for the big gap you will have under the bumper? or does that fill up when the rubber parts go around it. Over here if you put euro chromes on a later front end you end up with a big gap to fill. Your bumper brackets confuse me as well. The chrome bumpers over here have these brackets

where yours seem to be a hybrid of s1/s2 ones.. odd
      Last edited by bangn; 05-23-2016, 11:31 PM.
      Boris - 89 E30 325i
      84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
        so what are the plans for the big gap you will have under the bumper? or does that fill up when the rubber parts go around it. Over here if you put euro chromes on a later front end you end up with a big gap to fill. Your bumper brackets confuse me as well. The chrome bumpers over here have these brackets

where yours seem to be a hybrid of s1/s2 ones.. odd
        I'm not using euro bumpers, I wish. These are just the stock early model US bumpers that I'm refinishing.There is no gap with these bumpers paired with the late model valence.
        Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

Working...
        X