MF42 Turbo. FS :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh, gotcha ^^

Not much of an update but I pulled the turbo old turbo off. Never again will I buy a turbo with a 5 bolt dp flange.. Called AGP turbo and they said the oil feed on my turbo is a 1/4" npt. So I bought one and it isn't a 1/4"npt... problem #1. I read somewhere that BW uses bpt for their turbos. Anyone know?

Bimmerworld sent me the wrong control arm bushings and sway bar links for the e46.. again. problem #2.

And I made a big order from pelican for everything to service the e39. New vanos seals, vc gasket, chain tensioner, TCC solenoid, trans filter aaaaaaand i forgot the pan gasket for the trans...

And every package ive received recently has been beat to shit.

Comment

Comment

Dat torque!

M42 turbo build.
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=301330

Comment

Oh shit.

Comment

thats actually on the e39. sorry, shoulve said that. the m42 is wayyyyyy cleaner than that!

Im glad I got it on the lift because I was about to take the car on a 300 mile trip this weekend. It idled and drove smooth though. lol

Comment

Kool... I love torque, and my m42 sure doesn't do that. :(
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Neither does mine :p The old guy I bought the e39 from said he put it in a ditch once so im guessing that had something to do with it.

Still need to switch the downpipe to v band. Something like four weeks left in the semester. This thing will drive again by January. or at least before the tags expire..

Comment

Excited to hear how this turbo works out for you :)
                  -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Cool build. In for this.
                    91 318is M50 swapped
                    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

updates? I like that Borg

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

No updates.. Finals are next week so i'll have more free time soon. Expect everything to be ready for tuning somewhere around mid January.

Comment

Pretty busy weekend. Went to put the front end parts on the e46 and bimmerworld sent me two passenger control arms. This is the THIRD time they have fucked up on this ONE order. Not pleased. But one corner of the car has new stuff.

[IMG]

New shocks and struts for the e39. All four were completely dead. Didnt bother making it look pretty because I live in the sand dunes and it wouldnt be clean for more than a few days.

Buffed headlights. Need to pick up some 2000 grit and do it again

on teh 30. Ran the line for meth. Need to connect the line from pump to the check valve and find a bung for the injector.

Downpipe cut and ready to be welded. Uncle said he'd tig it so thats good.

The weather has gotten shitty and I cant get a ticket until June or I could loose my CDL so ive decided to change a few more things while the cars torn apart.

Oh, one more project. What can you buy for $215? This.

A 94 318is with 236k miles. One fender is already pulled and the drivers door handle is shaved lol. The plan:
                          - drive it till the m42 shits out
                          - toss a small block in it
                          - pull the other fenders and maybe some corvette wheels
                          - never replace the missing kidney

more pics later.

Comment

Your work intrigues me.

I lime everything.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

Ready to start. I have three wires to connect. Two for the EBC and one for the meth. Plus the two bolts you see missing from my coils

Comment

+ the oil feed

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Working...
                                X