No announcement yet.

My turbo 24v alpine coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, another dyno session done but something wierd was happening. By the time the dyno said 6100 rpm, the car was at 7k rpm. Not sure what was happening, didnt really feel like clutch slip and the logs didnt really look like the clutch slipped.

the dyno said 392/420. However, I backtracked the torque at 6100 and recalculated that torque at 7k which makes it about 430whp. Keep in mind my heartbreaker dyno is around 15% lower than a dynojet, putting her at a touch under 500whp on a dynojet. Honestly, the car is scary fast, i dont really care about hp numbers but thats what people love to ask when they see the car.

its at about 18 psi, 9 degrees of timing, and using about 83% DC from the 60lb injectors. Charge air temps are still out of control.

IMG_1590 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

video (click it)

IMG_1592 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

The last few weeks have been absolute insanity. I was in a CJ pony parts install video in my shop and Jonathan Nerren, a pro drifter came by and we did an exhaust install on his mustang. Then he drifted CJPP SEMA car and his car in the parking lot of the shop.

IMG_1534 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Thats his street car. Of course his competition car has all the bells and whistles (rear mounted rad, removable panels, big power).

then we had a booth at streetcar takeover Charlotte. Nice having her in a booth at a huge show. Wish i got to do some drag racing or roll racing but i didnt quite feel comfortable with the car yet. E36H8ter from the bimmerforums rocked out in the roll racing

here i am cleaning my engine bay

IMG_1583 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Welded titanium for the first time

IMG_1538 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

took all the sound deadening out of the trunk. Weighed it

IMG_1591 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Puts the car at under 2600lbs

Installed the mele design firm rally battery mount with the chase bays ground cable

IMG_1593 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Installed the garagistic (spelling? Idk i can never spell it right) secondary diff mount. No pics cuz we were in a rush. it does work though. found out my inner cv bolts were all loose as hell.

Last sunday, I turned 27. The lady and I drove the backroads up to Asheville,NC and stopped at the Sierra Nevada Brewing Factory. Highly suggest going there if you have the chance. I am not a big beer drinker but they did have some good food, good beer, and a good place to hang out.

IMG_1603 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

and when we got back (more awesome back roads) she gave me this

IMG_E1605 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Made by turtle labs, its a 3d wood painting/carving/art? of my car. One of the best gifts ive ever gotten.
    www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Yea that does sound scary fast. Almost 500hp and only 2600lbs? Woof! Sucks you can only use like 1/4th of that in most driving conditions.

Great work man. Super cool stuff here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        Yea that does sound scary fast. Almost 500hp and only 2600lbs? Woof! Sucks you can only use like 1/4th of that in most driving conditions.

Great work man. Super cool stuff here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
        thanks! Its officially scary to drive but having the 2.93 and the 245's r888 really help.
        www.cp-e.com

Comment

Damn, this car is amazing. Incredible work. I just started my own turbo build and I really wish I had access to the fab shop you do.

What front lip is that? I may have skimmed a few pages...
          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by the_eskimo_wonder View Post
            Damn, this car is amazing. Incredible work. I just started my own turbo build and I really wish I had access to the fab shop you do.

What front lip is that? I may have skimmed a few pages...
            Thanks!

its this one

i hate using cheap crap like this but it does look decent and being plastic its pretty durable. I have a bad history of destroying the expensive ones.
            www.cp-e.com

Comment

hey look i need new tires already.

Snapchat-1606348499 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr
              www.cp-e.com

Comment

haha video?
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  haha video?
                  click it and it takes you to my flickr
                  www.cp-e.com

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
                    click it and it takes you to my flickr
                    oof

my bad :D
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I got super impulsive one morning and scored a set of 1552 Formula TR's for like 500 shipped new. 16x9 et 30 and a set of indy firehawk 500's in 225/50/16. Test fit didnt go so well. Rear's are like a c-hair from the trailing arm and the front's touch both the strut and the brakes with 12mm (or 13mm?) spacers. They look pretty good. I was hoping to have these as a set of "beater" tires because i ran through like half my r888's in those burnout videos. I am starting to regret not just buying new tires for my racing dynamics to save money.

Fronts
                      IMG_1689 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

IMG_1688 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

yea i know my drivers fender is F'ed. Left for work one day and forgot something, pulled back into the driveway and ran over my fender and folded it in. There is only a single layer of metal there and its gotten so thin that i cannot get it straight.

rears

IMG_1687 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

IMG_1686 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Pretty excited to 1, not rub anymore, and 2, be able to rotate the tires when the rears go. I was also considering when I eventually track the car, it will be good to be forced into classes way beyond my driving skill so that I don't embarass myself.

Ordering new pads and rotors for the back pretty soon too. Settled on hawk HPS for now to stay within budget.

www.cp-e.com

Comment

Honestly 16x9 ET30 sounds beautiful. 245's are so tight in the rear with ET15 that I have my GE coils maxed out in the rear so I don't rub a ton... Much easier to space the wheel out from ET30 than to try to bring a wheel in further, but probably need a 20mm spacer up front.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
                          Are you saying that so that the sensor doesnt overheat?

I totally understand where your coming from. However, Bosch suggests that you run the o2 sensor in the hottest place it can take. The sensor im using can handle bursts of 1030 C.

While I have heard in the past that 6-18" is what is suggested, alot of the OEM's are moving the wideband closer and closer to the turbine housings. On alot of the downpipes I work with at work, we have had no issues running them less than 6" from the housing.

On the other hand, the farther you have it out, the longer it takes to warm up and the longer the delay is between the exhaust leaving the cylinder and hitting the o2 sensor. This is usually negligible while in boost, but the less mass airflow you have the longer it takes to hit the o2 sensor (generally). Some of the new ecu's I work with compensate for this but my ecu doesn't.

I wish I was a badass mofo who would put backpressure and EGT sensors in each runner and in the collector and wastegate tube.
                          I know I'm digging a bit here, but what O2 sensor are you running that can handle 1030 C? I'm on my 3rd Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor in about 2 weeks of my car barely even running. The longest lasting one lasted for about 2 hours of street tuning then died on startup 2 days later. I have my bung in a similar location about 6" back from the turbo.

At this point my only other idea is a homemade copper heatsink plate. I'd love your input because I think this is the last sensor AEM is going to send me...

Edit: I realize now that we're running the same sensor. Well now I'm stumped.
                          Last edited by the_eskimo_wonder; 08-23-2019, 12:09 PM.
                          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by the_eskimo_wonder View Post

I know I'm digging a bit here, but what O2 sensor are you running that can handle 1030 C? I'm on my 3rd Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor in about 2 weeks of my car barely even running. The longest lasting one lasted for about 2 hours of street tuning then died on startup 2 days later. I have my bung in a similar location about 6" back from the turbo.

At this point my only other idea is a homemade copper heatsink plate. I'd love your input because I think this is the last sensor AEM is going to send me...

Edit: I realize now that we're running the same sensor. Well now I'm stumped.
                            wish i could help man. Never had issues with this sensor yet. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the tune isnt dialed in. Once you get some timing in there and fuel dialed in, you won't foul the sensor from all the fuel and high EGT's.

You can also check this out as well

Is your wideband controller showing an error code?

Keep in mind, if its not reading on startup thats normal, she needs some heat in her.
                            www.cp-e.com

Comment

Mitch-e30_09 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Just needed to pat myself on the back for a second but I am in love with this picture of my car.

Also, something is wrong with the trans. Making all sorts of cool sounds. And the rear main seal is leaking. Fun times.
                              www.cp-e.com

Comment

Yea that's a beautiful picture. Almost looks like you have fender flares on. Those are just rolled right?

Comment

Working...
                                X