RedStreet: S52 Powered, 5 Lug, Hoonable DD Project - SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RedStreet: S52 Powered, 5 Lug, Hoonable DD Project - SOLD

First things first, you're thinking, "RedStreet, wtf is this guy talking about?" Well, RedMeat is the other build, this one will be the street car and it's red too. I like to think I'm clever..

I daily a mugellorot 95 M3 right now. It's awesome. It has a black heated vader interior, it's the healthiest S52 I've ever drove and I love it. But I need money to get my track project finished (thread here). Will get this e30 LSD'd and lowered and then DD it, sell M3.

I bought this 86 325e with a b25 swapped into it for $1500. Virtually rust free besides a jack hole in the passenger floor board. It does have hail damage but I can find a hood and trunk no problem.

Story time.

I used to see this car sitting outside a euro shop almost every single day about 3-4 years ago. I called them monthly asking if it was for sale. Not for sale, not for sale, not for sale is what I would hear. Then one time I called they said technician bought it and was going to make a project out of it. I was mad but life went on.

Fast forward about 2 weeks ago, I was going to get some groceries so I could cook a mean meal on my george foreman that night, as I pulled into the parking lot my "zinno early model radar" was going bonkers and I immediately found the closest thing and started to write a note to put on the windshield saying I would buy it. I got it all ready for his windshield and he was pushing his cart out to the e30. I said "nice car" and he said "wanna buy it?". Lol. Then we recognized each other and I realized it was the one I tried to buy.

The rest is history.

Last edited by unloadedak; 12-14-2015, 11:06 PM.

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
    1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

I've been contemplating staying 4 or going 5 lug on this thing since I bought it. I have decided on 5 lug. Main reasons being; I have tons of 5x120 wheels with tires for all seasons, brake upgrade and it's what I know. Plus how bad ass will it be when I have my track car done too. Two s52/5lug red early model e30 coupes.

Hit up the junkyard on this 14 degree day to grab the entire rear 5 lug swap off this Ti. This is the first Ti we have had in our yards since I've been into BMWs, ~5+ years. So no matter the weather I was going to get these trailing arms. I also got a minty rear leather seat to replace the crappy houndstooth one that was in the car.

I then took it out for a car wash so it wasn't basking in salt anymore.

I really want to get moving on making this my budget s52/5lug daily during my winter break from school. I love my e36M but it's time to get back in an e30.

New plans for this car
    Phase 1:

-E36M/Ti 5lug

maybe
    Phase 2:
    -S52 w/ ZF & 2.93LSD

Last edited by unloadedak; 04-07-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

you should grab that spare rear bumper strip I have and put it on the front.
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Should grab thant 318ti antenna, and power pack!
        1997 Artic Silver M3
        CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

What's so special about Ti antenna?!?

Comment

You can use the base, antenna, and new grommet to replace your E30 antenna! Or, at least sell it someone who wants to do the conversion!
            1997 Artic Silver M3
            CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

It's 5 lugged and driving now! What a week of headaches. My M3 has a bad axle or something... so I was out of a car and thought it would be easier to finish 5 lugging this instead of working on the M3. It was a long ass week. Mostly because of brake issues.

I took the rear adjustable subframe and Ti arms out of my RedMeat project, it has condor bushings on the sub/ta. I then replaced wheel bearings and used the new ebrake stuff I ran for a year and was gonna throw away because track car wasn't going to run a spring ebrake.

Put a 2.93LSD in it while I was at it. Not the fastest thing but it'll be good for MPGs :/

I'm running E36M front bilsteins with h&r race springs. Wish I changed out the steering rack but meh, it's a daily.

Still dealing with mushy brake issues but it works..

Need to:
              fix brakes
              roll fenders
              replace front hubs

then onto other small mods/refreshers once I sell my e36.
              coolant system refresh
              shifter bushings
              vacuum lines/tune up

Rear is raked ALOT. E36 TCKline adjusters are too high in comparison to front H&R Race.

Installed my Motorsport Hardware studs, 10mm spaces and put my rear GC springs and adjusters in it. Less rake now :)

Comment

Hey, now you're talking! Looks really good, man!

Still having the braking issue, huh? Curiouser and curiouser...
                Originally posted by LJ851
                kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                #teamross
                Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

RedStreet: '86 325e to budget 5 lug Daily

Updates coming...

Comment

Well. I couldn't sleep, update time.

I've been driving the piss out of this car and loving it.

M20 starter that I replaced stopped working randomly when IronFreak needed his saturday starbucks fix on 1/25. He drove it there and it wouldn't start when we tried to leave. So I got my free tow from my insurance and started to contemplate if I wanted to s52 swap it OR fix the starter. 24V fo lyfe. The next morning I started to pull the M20 out bright and early.

IronFreak driving a red e30!

So it got an s52/zf put into it. I accidentally broke the heater core inlet and that took like 8 days to get. Otherwise it was done in a 3 day weekend.
                    M20 out on 1/26
                    S52 out on 1/30
                    First drove on 2/9

It has the OEM E36 exhaust on it with custom downpipes and a Borla catback.

I got the BBS on for the summer and got some ellipsoids put in it. I have Luke building a custom JL 10W7 box for it too

Next on the list is:
                    LukeBox
                    A/C
                    Skidplate install
                    87 iS valance install
                    Clean up engine bay, harness is all over the place.
                    Last edited by unloadedak; 02-14-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Wow you make it look so simple lol keep it up!
                      Originally posted by Ty13r
                      if you scream while doing it you'll gain extra power. worth a try.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake View Post
                          Wow you make it look so simple lol keep it up!
                          Originally posted by efficient View Post
                          Looks good.
                          thanks guys!

small update.

still driving the piss out of this thing every single day.

my spal fan broke again... blades hit the condenser and they all snapped off new one coming tomorrow.

i really need to work on the a/c install so i can get going on the skid plate fab. once it has a skid plate my battered and beaten 87iS lower valance is going on and that god awful garden edging is gonna be trash.

this weekend i will be installing the new spal and preparing the trunk for this monster from GAS. gotta take the deadening out and clean up wiring.

lookin fresh at work.

Comment

This thing is sick. Can't believe I've never seen you driving it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I got the LukeBox in about 2 weeks ago and it is insane!!

once this hunk of junk is hauled off by the local scrapper I will be able to get a lot more done to this car. i ordered the wrong a/c drier off pelican and need to order another one before i can do a/c. i did install the parallel flow condenser from carpartkings.com though. that thing is sweeeet!!

Comment

Working...
                              X