Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCarp90
    replied
    Up and running on 60#ers. HUGE thanks to KAMotors and Whodwho.

Wideband will be here tomorrow I hope so I can work on the fine-tuning. Woot. If anyone is considering picking up an LC1, just forget it. They're huge pieces of shit.

Leave a comment:

• MokinWeet
    replied
    Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post

What about a lowered E30 on bottlecaps with a V8 doing hooligan things?
    I squirt.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Originally posted by Pootis View Post
    Thanks for the kind words lol.

Originally posted by MokinWeet View Post
    There is just something about a lowered e30 on bottlecaps that gets me every time, love that shit.
    What about a lowered E30 on bottlecaps with a V8 doing hooligan things?

Leave a comment:

• MokinWeet
    replied
    There is just something about a lowered e30 on bottlecaps that gets me every time, love that shit.

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words lol.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Updates.

Friday night I set out to replace the water pump. After removing the belt, I started moving the shaft on the pump around trying to detect play. I couldn't find any. I tried pulling it in and out, still no movement. I figured maybe it's stick in or something causing it to scrap on the pulley. Whatever. Pulled it all apart, and in the process of pulling the pump out, I had to move the timing belt tensioner so I went to set it at TDC only to find that my crank bolt was completely loose. it was probably 4 turns from coming out of the front of the engine. Holy. Shit.

Got out my 22mm, put the car in gear and put the e-brake on and cranked that fucker down as hard as I could. I can't believe I didn't check that initially. I suppose I just thought surely it couldn't be that. The odd part is that it wasn't wobbling when running so I guess I never thought of it.

Anyway, finished up with the water pump replacement because I already had a new one. While I was in there, replaced the timing belt with a new Conti one as well. I'm pretty sure that was done about 700 miles ago, but at least now I know for sure.

Saturday I got out and met up with my turbo M20 buddy, John. He's been having an issue for about 6 months with his car just refusing to build boost. Between his schedule and the weather, we've not really made time to investigate. Showed up when he was supposed to be working on his E36 and just started tearing his charge piping apart to check couplers and connections. I also wanted to investigate the intercooler to see if it were cracked or something.

Before taking things apart, we took her out for a drive. Wanted to verify the BOV was staying closed and maybe hear where the issue is coming from without the hood on. Still not building boost. Pulled over to check things with car running.

Went back to his house and just started tearing things apart. Pulled off the charge piping between turbo to IC and found this bad boy.

So basically John is a lazy dipshit and we saved this car from being sold for the dumbest possible reason. Nice job, John.

Got in 1 good pull and then:

JK. Pulled over to tighten the IC pipe that popped off the TB. The officer pulled over just to make sure we didn't get run over in the process lol.

Sunday:

Went to get some breakfast burritos.

Then in the E30 V8, did some of this:

Which left us with this:

Later, we did this:

The sedan is the M60B44 hybrid turd. Moves out pretty good. My car is still on 8psi and I'm not revving over 4300 because my injectors are pretty much maxed out, but you get it. The thing moves out. It's got a 5-speed and a 4.10 so those 35 rolls he was in 3rd and I was in second lol.

Leave a comment:

• Bmwb
    replied
    the things id do to that v8! and alright on the pics thanks man

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Last night I went out and did hoodrat stuff with my friends. This friend has more cylinders than me.

Don't hate on the engine bay shot, it's far from finished lol. M60B44 doesn't have anything on the M20T as it turns out though. It's especially funny because this guy hates M20s.

After all of this, my water pump gave me the finger. The pulley on it is scraping and squeaking on the crank dampener. It's hard to picture, but I think you can tell here:

I've got a new pump in hand and should have that remedied tonight.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Originally posted by Bmwb View Post
    got any pics of the ms unit your useing yea im thinking of selling the one i got and getting one off Whodwho
    I can PM you some pics when I get home. I'll set a reminder.

Leave a comment:

• Bmwb
    replied
    got any pics of the ms unit your useing yea im thinking of selling the one i got and getting one off Whodwho

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    i also used that i dont get it the car runs and revs up smooth but when i take it for a spin it sounds and shoots flames it hesitates to go with wasted spark btw what ms are you useing ? and where did u get it from i think its my ms acting up and not the coil or plugs
    When I bought the car, I was told it was a PNP unit, but it wasn't. I don't understand some of the specs of it, but Whodwho says it's a standard MS2 v3. If I could have done it over, I would have just bought a PNP unit from him and not had the issues I had.

Leave a comment:

• Bmwb
    replied
    i also used that i dont get it the car runs and revs up smooth but when i take it for a spin it sounds and shoots flames it hesitates to go with wasted spark btw what ms are you useing ? and where did u get it from i think its my ms acting up and not the coil or plugs

just trying to figuire out a weird sound from my motor just finished taking the oil pan apart thinking i spun a bearing but i didnt valves are tight and i still have this weird ticking time to check the turbo ! ill upload some more videos soon ,

well your car looks sick just keep cleaning it if theres a shit load of salt gonna be thrown on your roads i know in calgary they do and it sucks eats up the body like its nothing

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    did you end up installing your wasted spark im having issues with it i got it running but when i took it for a drive it started missing bad and shooting fireballs so i switched back to a dizzy again which really sucks cuz i wanna run more than 17psi without it cutting out ,

took the car to the race meets on saturday and got alot of looks and people trying to catch up ,

bmw m3 e36 thought he had a chance and didnt notice my charge piping and got ripped a new one ! ,so did a couple other cars including a skyline! in the end got followed by half the racers so i took the to the local timmies to chill!

great car you got there but i wouldnt risk it rusting in that weather!!! unless its your dd i wouldnt drive it in my opinion!
    Yep! It's been running on wasted spark since the night I did the snow burnout. Runs great. It took me forever to figure out that I didn't have the plug wires installed properly in conjunction with the ING driver inputs to the coil pack. Ended up using this diagram and it worked perfectly:

Your car sounds strong. Upload some videos!

I bought my car to drive, regardless of the weather. Fuck it. Also, I don't know if you can tell in the crappy up-skirt photo, but the whole car is undercoated. Should be decent against whatever kind of garbage we get around here.

Leave a comment:

• Bmwb
    replied
    did you end up installing your wasted spark im having issues with it i got it running but when i took it for a drive it started missing bad and shooting fireballs so i switched back to a dizzy again which really sucks cuz i wanna run more than 17psi without it cutting out ,

took the car to the race meets on saturday and got alot of looks and people trying to catch up ,

bmw m3 e36 thought he had a chance and didnt notice my charge piping and got ripped a new one ! ,so did a couple other cars including a skyline! in the end got followed by half the racers so i took the to the local timmies to chill!

great car you got there but i wouldnt risk it rusting in that weather!!! unless its your dd i wouldnt drive it in my opinion!

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Does anybody have recommendations for wiring my tach? Not using stock cluster, it's an AutoMeter tach. Before it would pull signal from the negative side of the coil. Not using that any longer with wasted spark.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X