No announcement yet.

Red Rocket - 1990 325i Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll look really clean. Mounting on the Firewall?
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
      That'll look really clean. Mounting on the Firewall?
      That or battery tray. Wherever I can make it fit. :)

Comment

UPDATE

Just kidding.

Comment

Rutrow... What happened?
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
            Rutrow... What happened?
            Nothing really happened, but with a combination of bad weather and lack of parts, I haven't made any progress for wwwaaayyyy too long.

MegaSquirt should be back soon, but we've had a couple weekends in the upper 50s so I really wish I had been able to take it out. USPS took 2 weeks to take a package from Kansas to Ohio back to Summit to exchange the wrong plug wires they sent me, so still don't have the right ones yet.

Just about the only thing I can do is install my 75mm wheel studs and wire my AUX fan. :(

Comment

tcd makes quality stuff. had their kit on my car a while back. but i ended up selling it because i wanted more power. IMO its limited to around 400-450whp which i more than enough for most people :) but love the car man. good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by asuj158 View Post
                tcd makes quality stuff. had their kit on my car a while back. but i ended up selling it because i wanted more power. IMO its limited to around 400-450whp which i more than enough for most people :) but love the car man. good stuff!
                Thanks!

I don't have a lot of seat time yet since I've just spent the last couple of months cleaning things up, but most everything was from their kit and it all seems to be super high quality. Should prove to be good fun this summer. :D

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this going, what going on with your doors, looks like it was cut out?

Comment

Cutout for the NASCAR-style door bars. Curious as to how there is a window in some of the pics, though. How is that set up?
                    Originally posted by LJ851
                    kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                    ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                    #teamross
                    Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                      Looking forward to seeing this going, what going on with your doors, looks like it was cut out?
                      Originally posted by kingston View Post
                      Cutout for the NASCAR-style door bars. Curious as to how there is a window in some of the pics, though. How is that set up?

Boomski.

The window is just a lexan panel. Slides up into place and is sort of held by those rubber things in the tracks. Works well. Passenger side is different.

Comment

Didnt realize that the cage extended so far toward the door. Must be pretty strong :D

I need a cage...

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                          Didnt realize that the cage extended so far toward the door. Must be pretty strong :D

I need a cage...
                          Much safety. So race. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
                            Much safety. So race. Wow.

Comment

Tiny update.

I'm not sure why, but it took me until my 2nd E30 to finally buy a set of wheel studs. I can already tell this will be the best $100 you can spend.

After a pretty cold winter, and not a lot to do due to lack of parts, I finally drug myself to the garage to tackle 2 small projects.

Ignore the mess under the car. It's from my POS E36 when it was spewing oil.

These are APEX 75mm bullet-nose studs. I would have gone with motorsport hardware to support a forum sponsor, but these popped up locally when a friend bought an E46 M3 and realized it already had studs installed.

After I got done with that, I pulled out my O2 sensor to clean/recalibrate. I've always had issues with the sensor reading in the 7s-8s since I had the car. PO told me it needed re-calibrating. Pulled it out to find it was pretty caked. Hopefully this resolves that issue. I also have to say that this picture doesn't really do it any justice.

Hopefully this weekend I'll find some time to wire my AUX fan properly, but that's all for now.

Comment

where did you get your intercooler? what size is it? looks like it fits perfect
                                :(:neutral::-?:):D

Comment

Working...
                                X