• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet!

1991 325i
    flickr
    @sambhaskins

Comment

Nice rear brake setup! Do the calipers bolt right up, without modification?

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        Nice rear brake setup! Do the calipers bolt right up, without modification?
        Also interested in know this. Fitment looks great.

edit: and sorry for asking but what's your front five lug setup? I don't feel like going through the thread.
        My Feedback

Comment

Just went through every page of this thread, sub'd.

Comment

I have the kit from "nasieg" to run e46 stuff, so in the front I have spindle sleeves and e36 m3 hubs, everything else is still e30. The kit comes with caliper brackets front and rear. They were supposed to fit e46 calipers in the rear, but that didn't work, then I tried some e36 m3 calipers, which didn't work, and finally I picked up the 540i calipers, which seem to fit. You can also retain the e-brake with these rotors, but I didn't because my ebrake sucked anyways and I didn't feel like ordering new shoes and stuff. I also have a pressure limit valve for the rear feed line, hoping that will work to fine tune the bias.

20140911_202428 by braswell.jonathan, on Flickr

20140911_202611 by braswell.jonathan, on Flickr

20140911_203203 by braswell.jonathan, on Flickr

20140911_204957 by braswell.jonathan, on Flickr

While I'm waiting on my last caliper bracket I finised tidy'd up the wiring in my engine bay, changed my clogged heater core, and re-did the heater hoses tonight.

I cut off the e46 m3 heater hoses and bought some e39 528 hoses. You have to re-use the quick clip things from the e46 obviously, and make sure to remember which is which because the one that fits on the aluminum coolant pipe will leak if you put it on the steel pipe.

20141001_201602 by braswell.jonathan, on Flickr

20141001_211801 by braswell.jonathan, on Flickr

20141001_211823 by braswell.jonathan, on Flickr
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Need to ditch that hot air intake. :p

Looks sweet! So i'm guessing your issues are fixed now?
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That 5 lug kit looks pretty neat!
                I need one of those motors!
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

How did you run your coolant lines to relocate the expansion tank? I need to do that.

Comment

The s54 pipe comes out on that side, so you just run the hose back there. You can see it in the passenger side view. I had to run the return from the radiator under the intake back there though, which isn't ideal. It's zip tied to the upper radiator hose, not really any way to make it look good

Nando, seems like it is fixed. Hopefully I'll know by the end of the day
                    Last edited by Jb325is; 10-02-2014, 07:59 AM.
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                      I had to run the return from the radiator under the intake back there though, which isn't ideal. It's zip tied to the upper radiator hose, not really any way to make it look good

Another option is to use an e34 535i/540i overflow hose, it has a 180* then 90* bend. Run it over to the driver side fender with the throttle cable, then back to the firewall, behind the cover.

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                      e30 restoration and V8 swap
                      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Man that bay is tidy! Can we get some friggin vids of this thing running already?!

Why was it cutting out at 6k, seems like you fixed it but curious what is was.
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Pretty sure your Hcore hoses are backwards...

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                            Another option is to use an e34 535i/540i overflow hose, it has a 180* then 90* bend. Run it over to the driver side fender with the throttle cable, then back to the firewall, behind the cover.
                            True, I forgot about those things.

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                            Man that bay is tidy! Can we get some friggin vids of this thing running already?!

Why was it cutting out at 6k, seems like you fixed it but curious what is was.
                            Soon! And I'm not sure, you'd have to ask Dave and Nando, it was some sort of ecu coding issue.

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                            Pretty sure your Hcore hoses are backwards...
                            I had them the other way before and it didn't flow. I replaced the heater core and valve and swapped the hoses, we'll see, they're not too hard to swap so it's ok
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Top port on core is outlet. 1000% confirmed, I have a thread about this somewhere on here

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                              Full Product Line Tuning
                              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

According to this, top pipe (#7) is the return. Don't think that's the best place for my temp sensor though
                                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                                X