Kadunza S54 ITB Adapter Plate Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digger View Post
    i recommend putting the adapter with a head and a runner on the flow bench, there are easy gains getting the transition and alignment between runner and head sorted.
    the difference between a good adapter and poor one is 10-15whp. i'm not familiar with the real estate you have and other practicalities but the longer the adapter the better the transition will be. it will also make the runner volume smaller which is good when you have big throttles
    If they really wanted to make power they would avoid this setup all together and just get an S54.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
      If they really wanted to make power they would avoid this setup all together and just get an S54.

Hee hee.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Comment

Sweet nice work
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Been watching your progress on FB. Needless to say I'm super happy to see that you guys are moving forward with this.
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

yes, there is that. however, some people already have s5x's in their car and don't want to spend another 5k+ to reswap. if this setup, a set of schricks, a 540i hfm, and a TRM tune can add 30-40+ hp, it will be a better option for me and perhaps a lot of others.

i am actually amazed you were able to get the throttle position sensor to clear the vanos solenoid.

as far as throttle linkage, can you just take parts off the stock single barrel throttle body and modify them a little?
              Last edited by flyboyx; 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

For someone running a standalone, will the vacuum "log" provide an adequate map signal? I wouldn't want to run alpha N because I intend to run FI as well.

Comment

seriously where is the fun in that?

lots of ITB kits avilable these days no excuses for not making big power from non S engines
                  Last edited by digger; 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM.
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

The bottom end exploding at higher revs is a good one!

We need more people experimenting with ATI dampers

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                      lots of ITB kits avilable these days
                      Indeed...

I don't really care to investigate, but are these even close to being the right size for most s/m5x motors? I know that most of the ITB's for the m20 are wayyy to big and are not maximizing their efficiency. I have a feeling that you would need a pretty well built motor to effectively utilize the s54 ITB, and if you are spending that much $$$ you probably would rather buy an entire kit that is custom to your set up. It's a good idea, but there is more to a motor than just slapping some cool parts on it and saying FUCK YEAH! Since you're in this deep, proceed... :popcorn:
                      sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

from what i found

M50 manifold is 55x25 and M52 is 45 x 23 which means an equivalent diameter of

39.75 and 34.25mm respectively
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Seemed to work great for Karl's M54B30.. and from what I understand he's putting out much higher numbers now but is very secretive about what else he's done to the engine.

Regardless, I always love reading the remarks of desktop mechanics but I'd much rather prefer to spend the majority of my time doing than talking.

Comment

I like this guy ^

Carry on
                            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

schwing!

Comment

Holy fucknuts. 8500rpm on an M54?

I'm guessing it's destroked and he's using an ati superdamper among other things.

Too bad he's not sharing the secret sauce

Comment

Working...
                                X