Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Dude nice! Glad to see an update on this build.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Havent touched this in a long time. after getting the rotisserie built and cutting into car it was just too much rust worst than my grey market to replace. So I sadly had to scrap the build...

However I did buy and just took delivery this morning of an 89 325 from new mexico that is rust free and the perfect car to finish the build on. the bones are good. Front fenders are shot but I have new oe fenders and it didn't get through to the rails. the rest of the body is straight and true. with the plus of being a manual sunroof. So the build shall live on with a new chassis. I will begin the process of stripping the interior down in a week or two and start prepping it to be sand blasted and get paint in san marino blau.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2044.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	9927224

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
    Will the rotis actually spin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes spins effortlessly and is solid as a rock. only had the pipe stands under it to catch it any happened as the was just put on it and if a weld wasn't going to hold it was going to be the first 24hrs. can is turned on its side now and I've cut out most of the rust just a few of the more complex spots that I need to cut out. I need to game plan those so I can make the patch panels the best way.

Leave a comment:

• 968Reckless
    replied
    Will the rotis actually spin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    My 1989 325is Mtech 2 Turbo restoration

Havent touched this in a long time. Its still going. I’ve collected pretty much all the parts needed just need body work done now and made a big step on that. Car is at my shop and on a rotisserie I built.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Chassis is ready to go to the media blaster just gotta get a couple things out like window regulators and sunroof. Hopefully have it blasted by end of the month then I will fix the rust and send it off to the body shop for some fresh paint. While its out i will be blasting all the suspension parts and small little pieces and painting them. Will also track down a new 89 wiring harness and get that all figured out.

Leave a comment:

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Nice dude
    Was just thinking about this car the other day

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Not much on the chassis itself as money hasn't been to free. I got some covers made for the seats. Will have them shipped and installed on my existing seats.

Leave a comment:

• potatomash
    replied
    Looks mint.

lol just finished my rust repair in that same corner spot...stupid sunroofs

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Got a little bit more work done on the chassis.

Also got the the intake a valve cover back. They turned out amazing i think. Cant decide if i should sand the ribs to be silver or leave as is. I think I'm leaving it as is.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by sam_ View Post
    happy to see you're still chugging along on this

Not stopping until its done!

Originally posted by Frozenbronzit View Post
    Are you doing your door panel inserts in MTech cloth too?

Yep. Interior will be alanctara and mtech. Having my contact who makes the fabric make me seat covers and sending me them with a set of door cards and then I will take it and have the covers and headliner professionally installed.

Leave a comment:

• sam_
    replied
    happy to see you're still chugging along on this

Leave a comment:

• Frozenbronzit
    replied
    Are you doing your door panel inserts in MTech cloth too?

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied

Haven't touched this in forever. I have been slowly working on the transmission. I got all the parts replaced and just need to assemble it. I had been able to work on it at school so I brought it home in hopes of finishing it up.

If any of you have messed with the transmission before you'll see i done goofed assembling it and have to partially remove the gear train to get the layshaft in. Bentley never tells you when to install it and I've always gone by what comes out first goes in last and I removed that first so...

Over the weekend the chassis was started.

Interior and windows are out

And the damage was surveyed

This weekend I want to get the transmission assembled and get the majority of the wiring out so it can be sent to blasting. Need to get rear suspension off too.

Also got my megasquirt from ssquid its kick ass.

Scored this brand new greddy type s BOV for like 90 bucks on ebay with a last second bid. In the end only paid like 70 for it cause of the free shipping from Latvia

Oh and I did this for fun too

Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 01-30-2017, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied

Transmission day 1:

First started by getting shift fork etc off and empty the fluid. Then took out the 6 bolts for the input bearing cover.

After that I took off the cir clip around the inout shaft i did not get a pic of these steps but found some on google

Then i took out the case bolts

Then i took out the reverse light sensor and pried out the cap with the spring and pin i forget its technical term lol

Took out the reverse gear shaft bolt

After i did that it was time to separate the case.

I then took off the out put shaft flange using a machined down 30mm socket and 3 jaw puller. After that I took out the reverse gear locking plate and the gear it self.

More to come Tuesday when Im back in the transmission room.
    Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 01-11-2017, 04:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X