Slammin's circle jerk....it's dyno'd!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ReallyDirtyThirty
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    Stance'd Tesla powered by the original renewable energy; 12 clydesdales
    Close.

    I'm ditching the RRC body for a Series 3, 109 pickup body. Will set 109 onto the RRC LWB frame. BOOM. Coil sprung 109....

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Waiting on some shit for the cooling system to get here. Then fix my fucked up throttle cable shit. Then burnout. Glorious burnout.

    Then I'll move on to a different, better build. BMWs have gotten old.
    Stance'd Tesla powered by the original renewable energy; 12 clydesdales

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    [IMG]burnout.gif[/IMG]
    Waiting on some shit for the cooling system to get here. Then fix my fucked up throttle cable shit. Then burnout. Glorious burnout.

    Then I'll move on to a different, better build. BMWs have gotten old.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    [IMG]burnout.gif[/IMG]

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Slammin's circle jerk....it RUNS!

    I drove it about twenty yards.

    Drove it.

    Small miracles.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    You have to physically push the throttle closed.



    My cable looks a bit different than yours.....

    I'm thinking it's because of the trimming I did on the accelerator linkage at the pedal to "clear" the brake pedal box. I honestly don't think it needs doing, and it's put a weird angle on the cable under the dash and may be taking up the bit of slack I need.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 07-10-2015, 07:37 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    That's what I used.

    If it's adjusted all the way 'out', wouldn't you just adjust it 'in', which would give the internal cable itself more slack?

    Is your bracket bent?

    This is what I'd consider adjusted all the way 'out', meaning, unthreaded the whole way, and providing the least amount of slack.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    It moved under it's own power yesterday.

    No vids, just speculation.

    On another note....WTF throttle cable am I supposed to use? I have an OE, brand new 540i cable and it's too short from the bracket to the throttle linkage. What gives? It's adjusted all the way as far out as it will go, but it hangs the throttle open. Other than this and filling with coolant, I'd be ripping skids in the lot at work.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood
    Oh I thought you meant you found a 540i non-SAC PP. I hope the m52 PP works good for you, but I went through clutch discs pretty fast even with an aftermarket m52 PP. Just not enough clamping force.

    AFAIK, there are no OE sprung hub discs that fit. I switched over to a SPEC clutch with a sprung hub disc. They are pricey, but it's a damn good part.
    Oh, interesting. We'll see how it goes. It's so easy to R&R this thing....

    I've been super busy with moving this week....haven't touched the car since Friday afternoon. Tomorrow I may be able to work on it again. Want to redo my stupid crossover pipe. Then mount exhaust, shift linkage, and BURNOUT.

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28

    I have VAC FW, e39m5 clutch, e39 528i PP, e39 m5 TO bearing.

    It all bolts up. 240mm clutch disc. I'm on the hunt for an OE sprung hub disc that fits the 6sp input shaft....

    Oh I thought you meant you found a 540i non-SAC PP. I hope the m52 PP works good for you, but I went through clutch discs pretty fast even with an aftermarket m52 PP. Just not enough clamping force for even the m60. When I went m62, I ditched it all together.

    AFAIK, there are no OE sprung hub discs that fit. I switched over to a SPEC clutch with a sprung hub disc. They are pricey, but it's a damn good part.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    ***Exemption from burnout post***


    Originally posted by JGood
    Do tell.
    (OMG POTATO PIC)


    I have VAC FW, e39m5 clutch, e39 528i PP, e39 m5 TO bearing.

    It all bolts up. 240mm clutch disc. I'm on the hunt for an OE sprung hub disc that fits the 6sp input shaft....

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    So I found a PP that works. Early e39 one. Bolts right up. No BS self adjusting....but maybe I want that adjusting PP.....
    Do tell.

    Leave a comment:


  • stonea
    replied
    This thread is gold

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Next post = burnout.

    Stay tuned.

    Leave a comment:

Working...