AWDBOB's Newest AWD- Heidi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Most people who own one love them and I almost bought one myself for my previous 2.7 M20, but didnt because I wanted flow #s and they didnt have any..
    I had the same thoughts, but at the same time, I'm not expecting the head/cam/intake to make me any sort of crazy power, I really just wanted a little refresh, and I think this ole gal will get the job done just fine.

I would've liked to do a before/after dyno with the old/new head, because I couldn't find a solid comparison, but oh well.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Scrubbed carbon and grease for like 3 hours today. Don't mind the unfocused pix.

Last edited by AWDBOB; 01-08-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
        1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

Comment

^I saw the video, the guy is lucky there was no one in the on coming lanes.
            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
              ^I saw the video, the guy is lucky there was no one in the on coming lanes.
              Guy was super lucky there weren't any cars coming. Those M4s in person are pretty nasty.

Comment

Now what do we have here....

Im offiziellen K-Sport Germany Onlineshop finden Sie Gewindefahrwerke, Luftfahrwerke, Bremsanlagen und Ersatzteile für zahlreiche Fahrzeugmodelle. » Jetzt shoppen

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                  Oh no, I really wish I didn't open that link, lol
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Damn, a true rear coilover setup? Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                      Oh no, I really wish I didn't open that link, lol
                      I know......it hurts my bank account just looking at it.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      Damn, a true rear coilover setup? Nice.
                      That's what I'm saying! I'm curious to how well it feels compared to my old GC setup.

Comment

The only reason my ix is lowered is because I wanted a better spring and H&R didn't have a stock height spring. I would actually like to raise my car a little bit.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                          I know......it hurts my bank account just looking at it.

That's what I'm saying! I'm curious to how well it feels compared to my old GC setup.
                          I might have asked before but were you happy with the GCand koni race?
                          The only reason my ix is lowered is because I wanted a better spring and H&R didn't have a stock height spring. I would actually like to raise my car a little bit.
                          Put a spacer between strut tower and upper mount?
                          E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                          E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                          E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

This is your chance! Buy em and then tell us how they are haha.

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
                            I might have asked before but were you happy with the GCand koni race?
                            I was very happy with the way the car rode and handled, but there was a low speed binding in the steering that I never figured out, the spherical bushings for the adj endlinks were noisy, and it ate axle boots, but I don't think they were OEM boots, and looking back had they have been I think they would've lasted.

So, next time around I will move the endlink boxes so I can use oem endlinks like nando, use OEM axle boots, and use the GC camber plates. I think that would solve all of the things that frustrated me.

Comment

Powdercoater got sick. Car still alone in the garage. She just wants to go for a cruise, but can't until she gets her intake back.

Comment

Finally received my intake manifold and valve cover from the powdercoater tonight, so I tried to get some stuff done.

Note: I tried installing the head with the ARPs threaded into the block..... after much of a fight ended up removing them, installing the head in the dowels, and then threading the studs in.

Got the head torqued down, IM, all of the TB stuff ran, dipstick, throttle, etc. A decent bit of progress. The next night I get I'm going to time it and finish her up. Can't wait.

Taped this off, started sanding with the angle grinder, and realized I had water in my tank so I quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X