Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was planning on staying stock compression, and yes, staying low boost, this is my DD, my 74 2002tii will be my toy

Comment

As long as you use quality parts it will be reliable as can be
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Steve why did you go for 8.5 instead of an 8.8 or a 9? I know the b27 crank is ran with an 8.5 but did you not think it could handle 8.8?
        2011 335i xDrive Msport - sold
        2002 M5
        '88 325ix turbo build :D

Comment

I'm still new to tuning and I do a lot of it my self and topically motors with lower compression have a higher knock threshold. So if I happen to go a little to wild on my timing at wot that the motor will be a little more forgiving because it can naturally take more timing. Also compined with e85 or meth injection I have a better chance of reaching MBT (maximum break torque) before the onset on knock so I can reach near the full potential of the airflow the motor is capable of at my target boost.

In the end with lower compression I can run higher boost safer with less chance of knock. Plus knock is the biggest killer of performance motors and not the accually machinical limit of the internals.

Hope this helps some
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Spring is right around the corner so I need to fix the major issues, like the rear main oil leak and the megasquirt.

I pulled the transmission this weekend. Also changing to the uuc m5 clutch kit, hopefully it engages better then the spec clutch.

Never fails to find more rust

New vs old

Also when i put the transmission in last year I had problems with the reverse spring blowing out the side because the case was beat up where the c clip fits. My new more permanent fix

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

The verex muffler was to quite and it sounded like poo straight piped so I put a resonator on it, sounds perfect now :)

Also soon goodies came in

This will start next week.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Nice work!
                E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Cool :)
                  https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                  https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Thanks guys!

Welded a second bung in for the dyno.

Also worked on the coil packs.

Last edited by nomansland92; 03-06-2016, 05:13 PM.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Looks clean!
                      E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                      E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                      E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Been wiring away with the new harness. It's almost done, my goal is to start it up this weekend and then schedule the dyno. This run will be one pump gas for now. looks like I'll need to redo my entire fuel system, bigger pump, lines, rail to support e85 so that will be coming later. Hopefully I can get 450 awhp on 93 pump. I'm still debating weather my .75a/r housing will flow enough or to swap to my spare 1.0a/r housing.

All covered labeled and heat shrunk.

Cam sensor ready to go also. Thanks to ppf this saved me some time making one from scratch.

Last edited by nomansland92; 03-25-2016, 09:17 PM.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Injectors, coils, and temp sensors all done.

Also new injectors came in.
                          ID1000's.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Awesome :)
                            https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                            https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Haven't updated in awhile. The car is up and running on the haltech. It's running and starting better then ever, I've been street tuning it lately and got ask the fueling dialed in out of boost. Then I made up a set of det cans and started having some fun.

Also running active knock control now.
                              Had to make this bolt so I could mount the sensor on the block.

Here's my home made det cans

It works pretty well, there's a little static in it but other than that it's pretty clear and easy to hear.

I worked my way up in boost up to 16psi and it did perfect, no more spark blow out and it's pulling like a monster!

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Got my switches in last night. I left room for a 4th for an intercooler sprayer.

So far it goes left to right low/high boost, launch control/flat shifting, then the last one will start dataloging.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X