Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
    Injectors, coils, and temp sensors all done.

Also new injectors came in.
    ID1000's.
    Man one day I'll commit to making my own harness and rewire my entire car but no time soon. Awesome work dude! I have those same injectors on my M42 right now and they're awesome, resolved so many issues I was having tuning my car with my junk ebay 440cc injectors. Reading your thread makes me wish I never parted my IX :( definitely sub'd!
    -Dee
    5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
    IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Haha ya it's a lot of work making a harness, I never realized how much it was going to take. And absolutely for sure about quality injectors, they make a difference that's for sure. It sucks how many ix's get parted out and yet parts are still expensive haha
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Needs a better intercooler and airbox because iat's were sky rocking but made 410 awhp and 422tq at 25psi
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Clearly see where the stock intake stops flowing. I'm going to build a intercooler sprayer and a nice a air box, and maybe a better intercooler and I think I will do a bit better.
          Last edited by nomansland92; 06-11-2016, 06:04 PM.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

i had to save that image and rotate it to read anything.

those number looks extra nice.

Comment

Nice man! In for more videos! :D
              E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
              E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
              E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

look at this shit, apparently you need to run resister plugs with gm coils. it literally burnt up the wire inside yet the car still ran pretty decent until you went in boost.

through some new wires on there and she's good to go.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Damn, that thing made some power on a Mustang Dyno! Good stuff man.
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

So are you running the 525ix diff now? or are you on the 325 still? I'm extremely interested in this i plan on doing it someday.

Comment

Wow look at that spike once boost hits!
                      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

haha yes it comes in quick, I'm still surviving on the stock diff. the swap pan is mostly mocked up just needs tacked double checked then welded. I'm kinda taking a break on it through the summer so I can drive it a little I'll probability start playing with it again in the fall, or if mine explodes.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

best part is that it drives like an actual car when you arent cramming all that air down its throat

Comment

So much info

Great build, lots of information to help. Congrats on getting over the 400 mark. Gets me pumped to get the 325E M50 swap finished so I can have a little fun this fall yet. Can't wait to see more.

:coolphoto:

Comment

This thread contains so much awesome... Gorgeous car and really some awesome attention to detail man. I am about to get my first IX and will be referring to this thread for ideas and inspiration! Thanks!

Comment

Looking good - subscribed!
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X