Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picked up this thing this weekend for 500 bucks, 91 auto ix. has a bad vc but is surprisingly clean, a lot cleaner then my Ix started actually haha.

I've been planing a bother build for a little while now and I think this may be the candidate I need. of course I'll finish my 88' ix first, I'll be working on it this winter again

it's going to be awhile till I start it but Im planning on a entire driveline swap, remaining awd but 24v turbo but not from a bmw
    Last edited by nomansland92; 08-27-2016, 08:15 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Those wheels tho, i dont even know what to say

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

don't lie you want them on your ix
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
          It's going to be awhile till I start it but Im planning on a entire driveline swap, remaining awd but 24v turbo but not from a bmw
          I'm actually really excited for this, can we at least get a country of origin for the drivetrain?
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

The trailblazer SS used a similar through oil pan design.
            325IX Build Thread
            RX7 Build Thread

Comment

unfortunately I'm not going to let myself start it until I pay off my truck so that's going to be a few years, unless of course I come across some great deal on parts then maybe I'll cheat a little haha.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I noticed the car was just starting to lean out in high boost high rpm, the afr was wondering towards 12.0 when my target was 11.2. So I finally got my fuel pressure sensor in. After a quick drive I checked the logs and found pressure to start dropping of above 13psi of boost. Since I'm planning on switching to e85 soon I figured this would be a great time to order new parts

Walbro 450 in tank pump and a second tank return. This isn't everything to switch to e85, still need a content sensor and I might switch up the rail and go semi-returnless to manage fuel temp better.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                  Im planning on a entire driveline swap, remaining awd but 24v turbo but not from a bmw
                  It's going to be a JZ engine isn't it. If it's not I'll be sad. But man this thing makes some good power, looking at your thread always makes me wish I kept and turbo'd my IX but it wouldn't be nearly as well done.
                  -Dee
                  5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                  IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Got the fuel pump all in and found my miss fire to be bad coil packs. I believe they were a Chinese knock offs because all 6 showed same resistance with as multimeter and the new ones showed 4x that amount.
                    The local shop had a dyno day so I figured I'd strap it on.
                    It did 429hp and like 423 torque. I really need to make some changes to stop the car from falling on its face over 5k.

I'm actually debating selling this s256 and getting a s362sx-e, because I am way over efficiency at 25psi with the 2.8 litter. So if anyone wants a good borg warner s256 with pretty low miles let me know haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Some parts arrived today and the ix is getting ready to be torn apart and getting some upgrades.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170104_161715.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	7189711

My plan for the winter is to finish the e34 diff swap, build intake manifold, and redo the entire fuel system. Well that's my goal at least but we'll see how it goes.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

this is like turbo plus itb, and its already stupid quick.

Comment

Unfortunately no itb's just a short runner manifold.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Interested to see your intake design, there has been some talk recently about the factory intake manifold and its drawbacks. That's on an n/a car though. I forgot about your build, looks like you have got it ironed out well, 2.8L m20 with 8.5:1 CR and 17 psi making 400 hp on pump gas and you haven't blown the diff. nice!!

Maybe I shouldn't have gone with such a high CR, I'm at 9.5:1 in my 3.1L turbo, but I also think i'm getting boost creep at the moment and my map sensor only goes to 121 kpa.

What are you going to do with those sick wheels on the second ix?
                            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

shhhhhhh, dont say anything about the front diff, it might hear you and blow up just on the principle.

Comment

Working...
                              X