325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Lookin good. What coil packs are those?
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
Got it all together finially
Now time for some tuning



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
Depends on a lot of things but in my opinion ive always been a miller fan. I had a pression tig 185 but there known for a few issue's now i have a miller syncrowave 210 and i highly recommend it if its in you budget. Miller's devirsion 180 is also a good one and a but cheaper. I personally never used a everlast tig but i keep hearing great things about them so worth checking out. Older transformer tigs pop up on craigslist pretty often and there good but bulky and usually over kill, the newer invererter tigs are the bees knees, there smaller, lighter, and have more features like adjustable a/c frequency for aluminum.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
-
-
Looks awesome! I need to get a welder so bad.
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
Piping is all fitted and welded, just needs a quick polish then thrown on. Should have it running real soon, need to finish the oil catch can then add coolant and oil then time for some street tuning :)



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
-
How much clearance do you have to the wheel well? Looks like 1/8" maybe?
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
^thanks man! I should be able to get it finished up right after I get my car running again.
This weekend I got the oil cooler mounted up and the lines ran. Also if anyone followed this thread and noticed i blocked the oil cooler lines, well don't do that haha bad things can happen because there's a thermostat in there.
Also got the intercooler welded up, and pressure tested. Why couldn't the intake welded look like these. Hard to tell because I broke the camera on my phone but deffilelty my best welds on aluminum!
Turbo is now in and all bolted down for the finial time. Its a TIGHT fit, actually had to move the one wastegate pipe a little to get it in there haha.

Leave a comment:
-
just to give credit where credit is due, he also is building my twinscroll manifold adapter and it is gorgeous.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: