Maybe try the opposite, shut the car off and make an adapter and pressure test the intake and use soup and water to see the leaks. Probably wouldn't want to push to much more then a few psi through it though. Also are you sure your dealing with a vacuum leak and not something else.
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)
Collapse
X
-
Thanks. I've literally used an entire can of brake clean trying to find the leak.Thanks guys! Also most common is usually around the throttle body or valve cover if you still have the breather from that tb to that valve cover. You can spray brake cleaner around your hose connections and fittings, if it idles up you found your leak
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks guys! Also most common is usually around the throttle body or valve cover if you still have the breather from that tb to that valve cover. You can spray brake cleaner around your hose connections and fittings, if it idles up you found your leak
Sent from my SM-G892A using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
incredible work. love seeing this.
Quick question while i'm in here, can you give me an idea of odd places you've found affect the ix vacuum? since you're so well acquainted with the engine i'm curious if there was anything that ever stood out to you as an odd place for vacuum leaks? I have been dealing with my idle pushing up to 1k after it warms up and it's so frustrating...
Anyway, carry on the great work!Leave a comment:
-
Did a little CAD (cardboard aided drafting) its going to be difficult to weld both sides but thats the plan. The 2 bolts that are right by the axle are going to be the biggest challenge but i have a plan. It should hold more oil now, but I'd like to make another trap door for the oil pick up like the factory pan has.






Sent from my SM-G892A using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
Got a little time this weekend to play in the garage. Redid my jig to make it much stronger and more accurate. Took an extra driveshaft i had and turned it down to fit these bearings perfectly. Now i can unbolt the stock diff and oil pan to check the jig then slide the driveshaft out of the way and then put the new pan/diff in place and slide the driveshaft to right where it needs to be and in theroy it should stay perfectly inline to crank center line.
The jig is true to about 0.004 of a inch, ill take that. :)



Sent from my SM-G892A using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
So tis the season for changes, I got some time to play on the dyno a few months back and wasn't really happy with the bw363sxe. It was happy as can be at 25psi and 7k rpm and wanted a lot more. E85 and 35psi it would be a monster but really not what I want, or at least where I want the power. So I got convinced by hunter (2002tiiguy) to just bite the bullet and get a real turbo. So I decided to get a Garret gen 2 gtx3576r dual ball bearing 58mm compressor cable of 750hp! Had to modify the down pipe and run water lines to it and ready to run.
I haven't had much time to drive the car yet but what a difference, boost comes in about 2 years earlier and holds hard to red line. I think I'm going to redo the intake though and make a better design and I'm hoping for be running e85 and lots of boost next year and hopefully with a 525ix diff.
But recently I've been building a 188mm e30 medium case diff with 3.38 gears to match the e34 front. Wasn't a very easy job and had to machine my own shims to get the gear contact where I wanted it, but it's all done and just needs painted.


And the one of the spare pans is back on the surgery table and ready to get back to this e34 stuff.

Oh and this came in

Should hold the power a little better.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
Yep there sitting on the fab table in the garage right now, hoping to get them in this winter [emoji1]
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
haha, put those 335i's in their place! 99% of those guys think they're the fastest cars ever and everything else is slow and stupid.
I forget because it's been so long, but those 3.38's are the ones I sold you right?Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: