• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
      Unless youre cornering at high G loads you *might* have issues with shifting. For street driving you just won't.

It's really notchy and unforgiving if you fuck up a shift, due to the amount of leverage the long shifter gives you
      But the full race feel you get is just epic

I got the shifter on a discount so I jumped on it
      Sweet. I'll give them a ring when they get those back in stock.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
        Gorgeous
        Thanks! It's now going to push me into full OCD so I can bring the bay up to par with these shiny bastards.
        sigpic

Comment

Are you powder coating any of the ITB setup? Blue trumpets that match the blue valve cover would be pretty cool in my opinion. But no wrinkle coat on the inside of the trumpet.
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Wow! i'm so jealous! :-|

Comment

RHD sell an adapter to use a bosch style TPS, and ones that for M50 tps etc which i think is only recent. The actual TPS that come with the kit now are different than what was available previously as well.

89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Also, get yourself a ITB sync tool to adjust the throttles if you haven’t already it makes light work of it.

Check the hood closes with the full length trumpets; IIRC I had to trim about half and inch off the get it to close with the socks on.
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

We've met before.. maybe at eurowise? I remember you saying your screenname. Cool build though
                  Build Threads:
                  Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                    We've met before.. maybe at eurowise? I remember you saying your screenname. Cool build though
                    I sold you parts in the target parking lot near south end. I think you were moving to asheville?

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                    Are you powder coating any of the ITB setup? Blue trumpets that match the blue valve cover would be pretty cool in my opinion. But no wrinkle coat on the inside of the trumpet.
                    I'm toying with having them reproduced in carbon, going to leave them alone for now.

Originally posted by digger View Post
                    RHD sell an adapter to use a bosch style TPS, and ones that for M50 tps etc which i think is only recent. The actual TPS that come with the kit now are different than what was available previously as well.

http://racehead.com.au/products-page...w-tps-adapter/
                    Ooh, I had missed that previously! Good to know. Of course, I'm going to start with the included one as I've already paid for it and see how it performs.

Also, get yourself a ITB sync tool to adjust the throttles if you haven’t already it makes light work of it.

Check the hood closes with the full length trumpets; IIRC I had to trim about half and inch off the get it to close with the socks on.
                    You'll have to educate me . You're referring to syncing them via vacuum correct? I'll keep an eye out for the sock filter clearance. From the beginning I've been thinking about making an airbox, I really like that you've done the homework for yours. I have all the necessary software aside from the CFD analysis stuff. Definitely staying tuned in to your latest thread.
                    sigpic

Comment

ITB PERFORMANCE LINKAGE TIPS INTRODUCTION TO ITB SYSTEMS Some of the biggest problems people have with ITB intakes and in particular side draft carburetors is actually cause by incorrect linkage configuration. Independent runner intakes require some special attention when it comes to having a perfectly balanced system. Firstly lets examine the operation at idle or low opening operation. At idle Continue Reading

right at the bottom

Comment

I probably ought to read the instructions :P.

These will serve as the "Before" pictures for the bay.

Staring at the bay this evening let me collect my thoughts on the rest of the bay. Looks like I'll need to have brackets laser cut if I want to keep cruise control . I wonder if an M3 engine harness cover will clear the trumpets? The C101 plug seemed to be the only other item actually mounted to the outgoing intake manifold that will need a new home. Everything is dusty and gross. The powersteering gunk really makes me want to redo the system with AN hardware. I also realized you can't degrease a thing with the manifolds still on, so much for that.

Digger/Anyone running similar stuff with an Airbox/MS: Even though you're alpha-n, are you still running an IAT for corrections? I'm not sure it will really be of any help on an N/A application.
                        Last edited by 318aye; 08-11-2017, 04:16 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Love this thread! .... and I really shouldnt have clicked on the links to RHD... they also have a set of ITBs for the 24v
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I want those wheels they look like the old alpina wheels

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

nice work.

those itb'ss droool

-
                              Project
                              Parts for Sale
                              Feedback
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by 318aye View Post
                                I probably ought to read the instructions :P.

These will serve as the "Before" pictures for the bay.

Staring at the bay this evening let me collect my thoughts on the rest of the bay. Looks like I'll need to have brackets laser cut if I want to keep cruise control . I wonder if an M3 engine harness cover will clear the trumpets? The C101 plug seemed to be the only other item actually mounted to the outgoing intake manifold that will need a new home. Everything is dusty and gross. The powersteering gunk really makes me want to redo the system with AN hardware. I also realized you can't degrease a thing with the manifolds still on, so much for that.

Digger/Anyone running similar stuff with an Airbox/MS: Even though you're alpha-n, are you still running an IAT for corrections? I'm not sure it will really be of any help on an N/A application.
                                its best to use an IAT sensor though it will run without one if you set it run that way with the software, mine just screws into the airbox

i recommend an airbox it is much much better with one, cooler air feed, no restrictive foam socks and the filterered airbox made more power than unfiltered open trumpets

Comment

Working...
                                X