Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsta1109 View Post
    How do you plan on welding the headers/exhaust up? I've been reluctant to touch my S50 headers with the MIG as I think I should really be tackling them with a TIG instead.
    I'm MIG welding with stainless wire and tri-mix gas. Should be fine as far as I understand, just won't look all nice and fancy. I'll probably be ceramic coating the headers eventually anyway.
    Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
    Out of curiosity, can you fit a jack under the side skirts, or is that the reason you made the ramps? I love the side skirt idea, but then I realized it might be hard to get a jack under the car (or lift arms for that matter)
    The jack doesn't fit under the skirts by like 1 mm. But it doesn't fit under the front because of the skid plate either, so I've been using ramps to help get the car up for years now anyway. Speaking of... I did find a few ultra low profile long reach jacks that might actually work without ramps...
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
      Speaking of... I did find a few ultra low profile long reach jacks that might actually work without ramps...
      What models are you looking at?

Comment

Speaking of... I did find a few ultra low profile long reach jacks that might actually work without ramps...

Comment

Awesome work! From an appearance perspective I would have stopped at post #1361, but it's your car!
          2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
          1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
          1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
            Awesome work! From an appearance perspective I would have stopped at post #1361, but it's your car!
            Super constructive comment.

Comment

how are you gonna mention a post # but not have a link to said post #?
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

this one in particular: Sunex 6602LP 2 Ton Low Rider Steel Service Jack
                Thanks! Yup.. any appearance will likely change time and time again as time passes
                Originally posted by jeenyus View Post

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                how are you gonna mention a post # but not have a link to said post #?
                lol I can't even find my own info in this thread anymore... one of these days I'll make a glossary.

I'll guess it's referring to how the car looked right before I started doing splitters and sideskirts etc.
                Shadetree30

Comment

lol I can't even find my own info in this thread anymore... one of these days I'll make a glossary.

I'll guess it's referring to how the car looked right before I started doing splitters and sideskirts etc.
                  right lol
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    Sorry to the group. I know R3v is so overly active these days we can't have people showing up in threads just to express opinions and say kudos. I'll go ahead and see myself out.
                    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Sorry to the group. I know R3v is so overly active these days we can't have people showing up in threads just to express opinions and say kudos. I'll go ahead and see myself out.
                      no harm no foul
                      Shadetree30

Comment

this one in particular: Sunex 6602LP 2 Ton Low Rider Steel Service Jack
                        Sunex says country of origin is China... I guess it's impossible these days for joe citizen to get an enthusiast grade tool that's made in the USA.

Comment

Sunex says country of origin is China... I guess it's impossible these days for joe citizen to get an enthusiast grade tool that's made in the USA.
                          You're so right. Everyone...

Comment

yep, i love made in usa tools as much as the next guy, but I do have a bunch of china sprinkled in my garage and their quality has been going up (tekton/sunex etc). even HF's icon/vulcan/daytona line has been pretty impressive, especially when it comes to warranty as I can't warranty out my snap-on tools unless I bring it to a friends' shop or to a someone who works at a dealership. My old lincoln/hein-warner floor jack would have been something like $400 in parts to repair. And that sunex floor jack is actually lower (height) than anything HF currently has to offer, so that's pretty badass, also free shipping with amazon prime.
                            89 325i 4dr s52
                            02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                            21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

That Sunex looks 100% exactly the same as my older HF "Professional" 2 ton low profile jack. I guess they don't sell that one anymore, though. I paid about half the price of the Sunex IIRC.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                                yep, i love made in usa tools as much as the next guy, but I do have a bunch of china sprinkled in my garage and their quality has been going up (tekton/sunex etc). even HF's icon/vulcan/daytona line has been pretty impressive, especially when it comes to warranty as I can't warranty out my snap-on tools unless I bring it to a friends' shop or to a someone who works at a dealership. My old lincoln/hein-warner floor jack would have been something like $400 in parts to repair. And that sunex floor jack is actually lower (height) than anything HF currently has to offer, so that's pretty badass, also free shipping with amazon prime.
                                It's all about quality control and intention. The aerospace manufacturer that I work for has it's own manufacturing site in China (Mexico as well) and quality is just a function of design and control. I personally don't mind tools of asian manufacture - I buy tools with a quality/cost/function balance that fits my needs at any given time. I have a harbor freight jack that I've been using regularly for the past 10 years (no joke) which is why I'm looking for a replacement/upgrade.

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                                That Sunex looks 100% exactly the same as my older HF "Professional" 2 ton low profile jack. I guess they don't sell that one anymore, though. I paid about half the price of the Sunex IIRC.
                                Did harbor freight use to sell an "extreme" low profile long reach jack? I have their "low profile" jack and while it is definitely slimmer than your average floorjack, the reach isn't that far. This sunex jack is lower/longer.
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X