No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh. I'm not liking that your Sachs pressure plate didn't hold up, I just put one in my car. It hasn't been in the car long has it? less than 2 years? Glad you found your issue, and it's cheaper than it being the flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      Huh. I'm not liking that your Sachs pressure plate didn't hold up, I just put one in my car. It hasn't been in the car long has it? less than 2 years? Glad you found your issue, and it's cheaper than it being the flywheel.
      Less than a year. Honestly I can't imagine that it's something to worry about at stock, or near stock power levels. I don't think those running full bolt on s52s upgraded the PP... I have to think it had something to do with the clutch issues I had before with it grabbing unevenly due to PP bolts backing out or something.

That said, when this failure occurred I was ripping on it. I was taking a turn wot with a little sideways and wheelspin and had just slammed it into 3rd I think.
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

I wonder if there is any warranty on it?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I wonder if there is any warranty on it?
          This is what I found:

ZF Services North America, LLC (“ZFSNA”) warrants its clutch products to be free from defects in materials
          and workmanship under normal use and service as hereinafter provided, for twelve months after installation in
          a vehicle. ZFSNA’s obligation under this warranty is limited to providing, at no charge, a replacement for any
          part of such clutch product that fails within the terms of this warranty. ZFSNA will not be responsible for the
          cost of labor related to the installation of the replacement part.
          In order to obtain warranty service, the entire clutch assembly, including, the clutch cover assembly, the clutch
          driven disc, and the releaser along with proof of flywheel resurfacing or flywheel replacement, must be re- turned to an authorized ZFSNA distributor, with proof of purchase, work order, full particulars as to the type of
          use, application, and length of service of the failed part. All returns must include proof that the flywheel was
          either replaced or resurfaced.
          This warranty does not cover failure or malfunctions resulting from use for high performance or racing pur- poses, accidents, improper application or installation, modification, alteration, improper servicing, tampering,
          normal wear and tear or abuse.
          Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose shall be
          limited in duration to the period of the time set forth above. ZFSNA shall not be responsible for incidental or
          consequential damages and its liability shall be limited to the amount paid for the product. Some states do not
          allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequen- tial damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal
          rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This is the only express warranty
          applicable to ZFSNA clutch products; ZFSNA neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume for it any other
          express warranty.
          Shadetree30

Comment

Looking back at my posts, it seems I installed the PP around 4/23 ~10 months ago. I am using an oem sachs clutch disc and TOB and I did have the flywheel resurfaced (I just have to find proof - I hope I kept that)

If I can find all that stuff maybe I have a case.

Just hope they don't see this thread :D
            Shadetree30

Comment

So good news, BMAparts will replace the whole kit (PP, clutch disc, TOB) under warranty through sachs/ZF. Sounded like the warranty is now 2 years, and all I had to do was send them a picture of the failure which was sent to their sachs/ZF rep and it was taken care of. I also ordered a rear main seal, trans input seal, and clutch slave. I would've picked it up today, but forgot to bring the clutch kit to work with me to exchange.

Full C25 tank gauges for my future reference.

Replaced a bunch of fasteners.

Relocated the O2 sensor bung on one manifold so it now clears the coolant drain on the block and I can install the coolant drain extension. I don't understand why that O2 bung points directly at the drain from factory.

Shadetree30

Comment

Bad ass. Glad they took care of you.

Comment

It's always nice when a warranty works out for you.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

this thread is always full of win

:up:
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      Bad ass. Glad they took care of you.
                      Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                      It's always nice when a warranty works out for you.
                      Yea they're good guys at BMA (and they better be considering how much I've spent there over the past years). Usually has the best prices by a good margin and able to have more or less anything available in hours. Also they're on my commute to work :D
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                        this thread is always full of win

:up:
                        meh it depends on if you're inside looking out, or outside looking in

but thanks!! it did give me a smile
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                          meh it depends on if you're inside looking out, or outside looking in

but thanks!! it did give me a smile
                          dont worry man, i know your pain. Alot of the vets have been there. But you on the other hand have taken it to a whole other level...
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                            dont worry man, i know your pain. Alot of the vets have been there. But you on the other hand have taken it to a whole other level...
                            Hahaha the pain?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                            Shadetree30

Comment

make sher ya shmear sum blue shmoo on them flywheel n preshur plate bolts otherways youll end up like that guy KAmotors
                              Last edited by pandaboo911; 03-03-2016, 04:56 PM.

Comment

glad to hear that you figured out the problem Charlie!
                                Singer Vehicle Design.
                                Quan@singervehicledesign.com

Comment

Working...
                                X