Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    make sher ya shmear sum blue shmoo on them flywheel n preshur plate bolts otherways youll end up like that guy KAmotors
    thnx mayne eye b sher 2 doo them bleu schmoo eye feel lyk a newb cause eye fergowt b4. wut hapen 2 mr motors?

Originally posted by cali_e30 View Post
    glad to hear that you figured out the problem Charlie!
    Thanks quan! me too. Now I just have to put it all back together
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Got a little work done last night.

Made these little jack stand pads so I can place the jack stands under the door sill at the oem emergency jack points without damaging that sill and safely so the jack pad/stand can't slip off. This small change is actually really nice since it take the jack stands out from underneath the car. I have a lot more space to roll around on my creeper now.

Popped this out. Kinda a pita. And I forgot to mark the steering jack joint and lock the wheel before I removed it so I'll probably need a front alignment when it's done. The control arm ball joints were very tight into the spindles. Combination of torch, penetrating oil and mallet got them out. I'll use some anti-seize next time.

Shadetree30

Comment

You have two weekends to get this thing ready to autox
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          You have two weekends to get this thing ready to autox
          damn it you're the second to tell me that. idk I don't really wanna autox it until I replace the inner fender, but maybe I'll do it anyway. Last time I went it was kinda frustrating because I don't have enough traction with this wheel/tire setup. The back end was wiggling everywhere, and now I have the zf with shorter gearing so that'll just exacerbate it. Brakes also felt weak. Are you planning to autox more regularly this season? I'd like to go as often as I can, either in the e36 or e30. I'll be at the next one for sure... I'm itching to get back behind the wheel.

I am also out of the country for several days over next weekend. So really I have 1 weekend to get it back together (this weekend, which I will).
          Shadetree30

Comment

Im definitely trying to put more time into tuning my own skills so i can get out on a real track, but I know I will have to go through the brake system at some point soon. I want to have a safe place to really push the car and test everything out.

There NEEDS to be more events, so dont rush and YOU can bug ME when the next one is coming up
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Im definitely trying to put more time into tuning my own skills so i can get out on a real track, but I know I will have to go through the brake system at some point soon. I want to have a safe place to really push the car and test everything out.

There NEEDS to be more events, so dont rush and YOU can bug ME when the next one is coming up
              Yes, agreed. Now that I have a great fun car, I really would like to improve my skills. The last few autoxs I attended all helped me identify weaknesses of the car that I've been working to correct.

I definitely will. My buddy with the audi you met a while back (picking up the charcoal canister?) has also been dying to get more seat time. It's always more fun when you have a little group to run with! Especially more fun with another modded e30!!
              Shadetree30

Comment

Exactly, we have a lot of room for improvement. Alex (iwantspeed) has been doing it for a while and he destroys my times with his M20
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Exactly, we have a lot of room for improvement. Alex (iwantspeed) has been doing it for a while and he destroys my times with his M20
                  I know. I'm kinda ashamed I have a "fast" car, but I don't know how to drive it. Last time I autoxed he came out for a couple runs to give me some pointers.

I wanna learn!!
                  Shadetree30

Comment

I feel like as long as Im improving thats all that matters.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I feel like as long as Im improving thats all that matters.
                      Agreed. I'm gonna harass you as soon as I'm ready to autox in either car, hopefully April.
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Basically use loctite because the oem bolts are a one time use aka they stretch. If you don't you could end up like kamotors who's flywheel bolts backed out. His flywheel then destroyed the end of the crank

Oem pressure plate bolts also come with blue shmoo preapplied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You should mod that subframe further and cut it down for your E46 rack. More space is never a bad thing.

Posts #6 and #8 in this thread:

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                            Basically use loctite because the oem bolts are a one time use aka they stretch. If you don't you could end up like kamotors who's flywheel bolts backed out. His flywheel then destroyed the end of the crank

Oem pressure plate bolts also come with blue shmoo preapplied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Ahh yes I know/knew the oem bolts are one use. I'm running a jbr 11lb flywheel, the bolts are 12.9 or whatever... unlimited use. I just need the loctite to keep oil from getting past them (I did admittedly forget to use it the first time around). They were still torqued to spec when I disassembled. And yes, also know about the PP bolts! Thanks for the heads up though!
                            Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                            You should mod that subframe further and cut it down for your E46 rack. More space is never a bad thing.

Posts #6 and #8 in this thread:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=352040
                            Dammit that's a good idea. Didn't think of it and I don't really feel like doing it now that it's all painted. If I need to drop the subfame in the future I'll build another to swap and sell mine for profit :D
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                              Dammit that's a good idea. Didn't think of it and I don't really feel like doing it now that it's all painted. If I need to drop the subfame in the future I'll build another to swap and sell mine for profit :D
                              Haha yeah I understand that, I should have posted up earlier!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                Haha yeah I understand that, I should have posted up earlier!
                                Hahaha yea! I could've easily done it before... oh well. You live and you learn.
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X