Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
    Keep it up! inspiring!!
    Thanks!!

Tease

'89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 rebuild + goodies swap - DD / autox Journey

Seeing these cracks makes me worried about my own car! :'( at least you can take care of them while you're in there!

Wilwood BBK!?

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
        Seeing these cracks makes me worried about my own car! :'( at least you can take care of them while you're in there!

Wilwood BBK!?
        Yea I don't know what would've caused them and I've never seen anyone else mention something like that, so I don't know. But now they're fixed so whatever.

hehe - might have some more pictures tonight

Also got notification that the flywheel is on its way back from JBR good as new. And the pressure plate is on its way back from Fort Wayne Clutch with an extra strap added at each point and some nice tight rivets. The guy there commented that it looked like poor work from the factory but it's all better than new now!
        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

hehe - might have some more pictures tonight

Also got notification that the flywheel is on its way back from JBR good as new. And the pressure plate is on its way back from Fort Wayne Clutch with an extra strap added at each point and some nice tight rivets. The guy there commented that it looked like poor work from the factory but it's all better than new now!

Let me know if you want to get rid of the rx7 kit!

Hmm, nothing better than reinforcing a proven part! Then you're basically guaranteed reliability.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
            Let me know if you want to get rid of the rx7 kit!

Hmm, nothing better than reinforcing a proven part! Then you're basically guaranteed reliability.
            Yes I do want to get rid of it. I have the calipers, a set of used sumitomo pads, 3 of some other pads, and the brackets (hardware + adapter fittings). Calipers need a rebuild. PM me.

Regarding the PP, I sure hope so. Every component of the clutch system will be brand new now and "correct". If something goes wrong again I'll have a serious shit fit.
            Shadetree30

Comment

great build! you have a lot of skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Daman View Post
                great build! you have a lot of skills.
                Thank you!
                Shadetree30

Comment

Shadetree30

Comment

MY car has the same Crack and also by the strut tower housing. Maybe I'll grind it down and ask someone to weld it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                      MY car has the same Crack and also by the strut tower housing. Maybe I'll grind it down and ask someone to weld it for me.
                      that makes me a little less worried. where's that second crack?
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Brackets arrived from massive. They are very nice pieces.

Test fitted to see how they'll look and determine a wheel spacer. They will only need a 5mm spacer plus the special 1.5mm spacer to makeup the brake disc hat thickness. I was very happy to figure this out. I'll easily be able to fit the wheels/tires under the stock fenders. Might become a little tight when I switch to a 225 though.

Mr iwantspeed donated an ABS unit to the cause since mine got beat up in the accident (and it wasn't working anyway - not sure why - never tried to fix it). Thanks again Alex!!

I decided I wanted to keep ABS, but not in the original location, especially with all the work I'm doing in the bay. It'll also make room for a proper airbox.

Starting with brackets.

Target location under the driver side front, behind the foglight.

Initial mock-up

Added a bracket around the cups and rubber mounts to keep it locked in place once it's mounted. Made a mental note to modify the arms that were blocking the bottom outputs, and then immediately forgot.

Tacked in place

It's tight in there but it fit with space where it counts around all the inputs/outputs. It should be reasonably easy enough to bend and hook up the brake lines with the valence and the fender liner off.

Here it is in it's final place. Luckily I caught/remembered the modification needed to the bracket where it covered the inputs. The whole thing is very stiff.

That was a big item to check off the list. Took me an entire day, much longer than I thought it would.
                        Shadetree30

Comment

It might be kinda late now, but Ive heard the E36 ABS is MUCH better than the E30 and since you are all OBD2 already it might not be as difficult.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                            I checked my car over the weekend, I have the same crack although it doesn't look as big. ~260k on my car.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              It might be kinda late now, but Ive heard the E36 ABS is MUCH better than the E30 and since you are all OBD2 already it might not be as difficult.
                              Just did a quick google search since I've never heard of this before. Looks relatively "simple" to accomplish, but WAY more extra work. Also looks like you'd need the e36 abs rings, which means you'd need to do a 5-lug swap on top of the full e36 abs wiring harness, computer brains, and power supply circuit. Good to know though!
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                I checked my car over the weekend, I have the same crack although it doesn't look as big. ~260k on my car.
                                weird. I've got ~260k on mine as well. I guess its common?
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X