No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you plan on getting new heater pipes while you're in there? I certainly won't be trying to salvage old ones again after my experiences last week, even if they are $60 now.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
      Do you plan on getting new heater pipes while you're in there? I certainly won't be trying to salvage old ones again after my experiences last week, even if they are $60 now.
      Buying the heater valve and the little pipes is expensive.

Comment

Facebook

you should make a fb page and put online all the pictures from A to Z of that beats !!

Comment

I know you mentioned earlier some lifter tick.. not sure if you've heard, but adding an extra quart or so of oil should take care of that no problem.

Sorry, I had to! Just finished reading the thread and had to lol every time another person mentioned that. Really great job all the way around. Extremely impressive build right here.

Maybe I was reading too far between the lines, but were there/are there plans for supercharging down the line?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            great progress as always!
            Thanks!
            Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
            Originally posted by efficient View Post
            Buying the heater valve and the little pipes is expensive.
            Nope, the valve and pipes looked perfectly fine. No corrosion, wear, or leaks. And worst case if I did have to replace them its an easy job.

Originally posted by Andy348 View Post
            I know you mentioned earlier some lifter tick.. not sure if you've heard, but adding an extra quart or so of oil should take care of that no problem.

Sorry, I had to! Just finished reading the thread and had to lol every time another person mentioned that. Really great job all the way around. Extremely impressive build right here.

Maybe I was reading too far between the lines, but were there/are there plans for supercharging down the line?
            Haha yea lifter tick is nothing new to me... I've owned an e36 for 7 years. I know the tricks :P

You are correct. I do plan to supercharge and I've been keeping that in mind with all the other little mods and changes I've made. So when it comes time I hope there will be minimal modification needed to make it fit.

I got a little work done on Monday. Installed the new heater core - no more leaks! And replaced the clutch master. Clutch feels good! (though I think it needs to be bled a little)

I spent the weekend in Colorado Springs visiting my brother to help him do a bunch of maintenance on his ix. He bought it a couple months ago and loves it. We weren't sure on the maintenance history, so the plan was to do all the basic maintenance to get a good baseline.

So we tackled the timing belt, water pump, cam seal, accessory belts, VC gasket, spark plugs, thermostat, starter (it was dead), coolant flush, oil change, fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor. It all went relatively smooth. I forgot what it was like working on an unmodded e30!! We got to do the work in the auto skills center on base. Pretty cool. They have probably 20-25 bays with drive on or 2 post lifts, paint booth, sand blasting, powder coating, welding, every tool, certified mechanics to give a hand and advise if needed. Very cool.

And yes, those wheels will go, if they haven't already. One project we didn't get done was swapping the tires onto the basket weaves. I left that for my brother to take care of.

'89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

Well that's awesome. I wish I had access to that type of stuff! It would make everything so much easier, especially on an IX.

Make sure he replaces the fluid in the transfer case, transmission and front/rear differential.

Comment

any chance you can show your exhaust hangers by the muffler? my exhaust is pretty solid but there is some play in the muffler section I'd like to get rid of.
                89 325i 4dr s52
                02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

So I was watching Tj Hunt's new GTR Track day video when........ Wait, is that? Yep!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYszPjq4ANo&t=605s
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

nice man!
                    Last edited by TeXJ; 12-06-2016, 04:22 PM.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

who is that guy?... he needs more HPDE time

more importantly where are your videos Charlie?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Just some youtube personality. I believe this is his first time ever on a track, but he's a lot more show than go IMO.
                        My Garage
                        Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                          Just some youtube personality. I believe this is his first time ever on a track, but he's a lot more show than go IMO.
                          so just some douchebag... he definitely was doing it wrong. he should owned so many cars that were in his run group.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            so just some douchebag...
                            Basically, hahaha
                            My Garage
                            Feedback

Comment

So I was watching Tj Hunt's new GTR Track day video when........ Wait, is that? Yep!
                              Busted! I was wondering when he would put that up and whether or not you'd see me in it :P

Too bad he left out the parts where first, he couldn't keep up with a 27 yr old bimmer (I was in front of him for a while until I got stuck behind other traffic and hot pitted to get clear track) and second, he held up said 27 yr old bimmer and wouldn't give him a point by (I eventually caught up to him again and he wouldn't let me pass)
                              Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                              nice man!
                              Thanks!
                              who is that guy?... he needs more HPDE time
                              more importantly where are your videos Charlie?
                              lol I had no idea who he was either. Went to find him after the event to tell him he should've given me a point by, but also to say it was kinda fun tailing him (he was the best competition in the beginner group). He seemed to think I was just keeping up with him despite the numerous warnings of the organizers to give a point by if you had someone right behind you he couldn't even pull away from me in the straights and in all the turns I had him easily

no videos :( because I need a gopro... and fixed back seats and harnesses and cage ;D
                              definitely
                              so just some douchebag... he definitely was doing it wrong. he should owned so many cars that were in his run group.
                              double definitely

I guess I do owe an update. A lot has happened as usual. Cliff notes: the track day was sick. I had loads of fun, though the beginner group was really slow. Never got a clean lap between the traffic or hazards (someone spun off and threw gravel etc) but still managed a 1:33 driving the ccw orientation of streets of willow. Dented the bumper a bit from hitting a big cone... hard. Otherwise the car was totally solid and reliable, temps all way in check. Can't wait to go again!
                              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Sounds like my experience, only car I had fun with was a modified NSX. Everything else had me feeling like GTFO!!! :hitler:
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X