No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No updates. I decided not to look at it last night because it would only make me upset. Worked on installing speakers in my e36 instead which put me into a much better mood (a beer helped too :) )

I'll see if I can stand to look at it tonight.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

damn shame about your car, its been one of favourites since you started all your inspirational detailed orientated work. Hope to see it come back to life and outshine its former self!

Comment

No!!!!!!

I have a control arm you can have. Sucks to see the damage!
        Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

this update sucks, this was one of my favorite threads on r3vlimited. I hope you fix her!!
          1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
          1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
          1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
          1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
            this update sucks, this was one of my favorite threads on r3vlimited. I hope you fix her!!
            Same.

I really hope you can get this car fixed. Best of luck to you!
            '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
            '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0w View Post
              damn shame about your car, its been one of favourites since you started all your inspirational detailed orientated work. Hope to see it come back to life and outshine its former self!
              Thanks, it surely will be back and better than ever

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by FreedomM3 View Post
                No!!!!!!

I have a control arm you can have. Sucks to see the damage!
                Thanks man, already picked up a replacement

Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                  I know, broke my heart. She'll be fixed in no time!

Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
                    Same.

I really hope you can get this car fixed. Best of luck to you!
                    Thanks man, she'll be back soon

Shadetree30

Comment

Copied from the "is this fixable thread"

Popped off the fender and cut a small section of the core support to try to free things up a bit and snap some pictures. The hood opens, closes and latches no problem. Looks like I might have been lucky. I hit the bulbous portion of the minivan rear bumper into the top corner of the front left of the car (if that makes sense) - so basically the impact was quite a bit away from the frame, and more of a "glancing" hit than full frontal impact. The lower damage to the valence was from hitting the muffler. Sheet metal adjacent to the frame, behind the headlight wasn't damaged at all. Radiator wasn't damaged at all either.

I'll take it to a frame shop to be checked out regardless, after I get it drive-able which looks like will only take a control arm (already acquired).

Oh, also slightly bent the mounting tab on the sway bar.

Shadetree30

Comment

All is well in the universe. I'm glad it's looking up for you. For most of us this is our worst nightmare. I'm relieved that you're able to move forward and get it back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                          All is well in the universe. I'm glad it's looking up for you. For most of us this is our worst nightmare. I'm relieved that you're able to move forward and get it back on the road.
                          Don't get me wrong, this is my worst nightmare. Like I have LITERALLY had nightmares that this happens. But it could've been worse, and I'll make the most out of it.

Thanks for the support though, it helps :)

Part that pisses me off the most was that I was 3 weeks away from tearing down my e36 to do a "rebuild" that I've been planning and putting off for nearly 2 years. And I was really looking forward to it. Now I'll have to DD it again which I hate. Too much wear and tear just "happens" driving 100 miles/day in LA.
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Shit man this is why I don't daily my e30. I've got too many hours into it for something like this to happen. I hope you get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                              Shit man this is why I don't daily my e30. I've got too many hours into it for something like this to happen. I hope you get it fixed.
                              Tell me about it. Really it's not even the money that kills me, it's the time and effort I've put into it. Just thinking about all the work it would take to get a shell and "just swap" everything over and make all those subtle changes I made over a year and a half makes me sick. Even if I had full coverage, I'd never get that back.

Idk, I built this e30 to be my daily. Maybe it's time to look into getting a replacement DD. An alpine e36m would be nice a nice addition to the family.
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Maybe you should get a cheaper car that won't hurt you if it gets beat up, like not modified.

Comment

Working...
                                X