No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazy that you keep working on the car after a state ref. id be discouraged and would part out.

Comment

Charlie isnt a quitter... and he's kinda stupid. The stupid I like. Because Im stupid too
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

i like stupid
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
          crazy that you keep working on the car after a state ref. id be discouraged and would part out.
          I am not discouraged that easily, maybe even to a fault. Already picked all of the parts from the junkyard I'd need to OBD2 BAR it (if it came to that), also got options for out of state registration, quotes on lawyer, and some advice through a family member who is close personal friends with a CHP officer. I am confident that I will not have to change a thing, and will also not have to actually visit the ref. And god forbid I do.... I'll legally BAR it.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Charlie isnt a quitter... and he's kinda stupid. The stupid I like. Because Im stupid too
          True statement all around. You might be stupider than me!

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
          i like stupid
          I like to see ITBs installed on your car.
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

This is the best update of all!

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
              This is the best update of all!
              Hahaha thanks Small update. Installed ground control adjustable tie rods and did another alignment to zero front toe. Got a little crazy and zapped the driver headlight out. I'm going to replace it with an air filter for proper cold air intake. If I have time ill swap springs with my E36. Going to change to F-9kg R-11kg (504 in/lb - 616 in/lb) from my E36 and swap the current F-8kg R-10kg back into the E36 (wanted softer suspension there anyway) Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
              Shadetree30

Comment

I can’t wait until we can get our cars back to the track! We still haven’t all been on the track together!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Alignment got finished in time and autox was an awesome success. The car has never felt better or faster. Didn't find the limits of myself or the car. Dying to get back out as soon as possible. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  Shadetree30

Comment

Looks mean! Dat bronzit means bidness.

Comment

very nice
                      sigpic

Comment

How did the GC tierods feel would you run them on the street? Did they improve steering feel or is there only benefit adjustability.

Thanks car looks sick
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
                          Looks mean! Dat bronzit means bidness.
                          all bidness!
                          Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                          very nice
                          Thanks Glen, get cracking on those ITBs
                          Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                          How did the GC tierods feel would you run them on the street? Did they improve steering feel or is there only benefit adjustability.

Thanks car looks sick
                          Only benefit for me is the adjustability. I doubt there's any steering feel change given that I went from a fresh ball joint to a heim joint. My entire suspension setup is very stiff with poly/ball/heim joints everywhere.
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Busy weekend. Finally worked out a good solution for cold air intake through the driver side high beam. Had to trim the headlight bracket, core support, cut out the old duct, very carefully position everything and made an adapter plate to secure the KN filter and tube from the MAF. Of course I finished all the hard work and then realized I had no more 3" silicone tube. I also welded some massive fender flares on my buddy's porsche project.

First pass trimming out the core support. Man does it make this kind work much easier when you have an assortment of angle grinders, porting tools, small pneumatic air grinder, finger sander etc...

Checking clearance with the headlight trim and the backing plate on. Looks good.

Cleco pins coming very handy. Pinned the plate in place so I could place the air filter side of the port, mark it, and then cut/weld accurately.

Finished parts. Rivenuts again FTW.

Installed on the car. Nice smooth straight shot to the filter. I ground out the welds on the inside so it's super smooth.

Installed

Here's my buddy's porsche project that I welded the rear flares onto... that was a good experience. It's going to be an RSR tribute when done. Doign Fiberglass front wide fenders, fiberglass ducktail engine hatch, carbon fiber roof, debating full cage with low door bars, an air cooled 3.2 liter with aggressive cams and ITBs (might go to a 3.6)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 10-19-2020, 08:53 AM.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

I love clecos, Does your buddy have a build thread for the Porsche?
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Done with the new air intake. Wrapped the aluminum tube with gold foil because racecar bling. Sorted a few other odd items while I was at it. Radiator overflow hose was never an actual coolant hose meant to take pressure. Now it is. I had zip tied the intake air temp sensor to the bottom of the TB elbow. Not sure why. I stuffed it into the unused port on the bottom of the elbow instead. Now it should be able to read the nice cool temp of the air pulled from the intake. I also replaced a bunch of engine bay M6 bolts with bling stainless countersink allens and beauty washers. And capped some exposed shock tower bolts with caps. Last item to tick off for now are the headlight bezels which were looking kinda ratty... road rashed, a bit rusty and very cruddy. I'll sandblast them and repaint semigloss black. Probably ought to replace the lamin-x too. Its also looking worse for the wear. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X