No announcement yet.

Semaj4712 - 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those colors are a little vibrant for my taste, while cool i think im looking for something darker, I want something to contrast the chrome of the trim a little better, I dont want to paint it black and I would like a nice contrast between the trim and the paint.

Initially i was gonna do porsche icegreen metalic and black trim but I think again its a little too bright and look at me for my taste atleast

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Well I'm not sure what your tastes are - maybe something like this? It would be appropriate for the time period - it's Porsche Irish Green.

Comment

Very kool! SUbbed! I like your car/truck collection! That motor looks awesome!
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Thanks guys

The porsche Irish green is def in the right direction, I like the idea of doing a porsche color, not sure why, but I have not seen the color that I am like "YES! Thats it" but then again I still have some time to choose, these are the ones that I have been thinking about up until now.

Color choice in order of how much I like it,

1. BMW - Arktisblau

2. AUDI - Ipanema Brown
          This one may be a little gold for me, the color I may want may be slightly more chocolate but this sure looks good in this picture, some of the other pictures of the paint make it look considerably brighter

3. BMW - Malaga
          The Car was Originally Malaga, which may actually be my number 1 choice but well see

4. BMW - Atlantik

5. BMW - Anthazitgrau Met

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

Arktisblau or atlantik would look sweet, or maybe an evil red.
            Originally posted by dvck
            I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Cool project.

My vote goes to Malaga or Arktisblau but might change my vote if the interior is not being done in black. I am not sure either of those would go well with a light color interior.

Comment

Originally posted by GDA View Post
                Cool project.

My vote goes to Malaga or Arktisblau but might change my vote if the interior is not being done in black. I am not sure either of those would go well with a light color interior.
                Well the interior will probably mainly be black with grey inserts on the seats, so mainly black on the interior, I like malaga for the sake its the original color, the Anthazitgrau Met is really growing on me, but I really like the idea of brown, marrakeschbraun is really nice too

Comment

Inspiring build you have going here man, I've really enjoyed your updates. Thanks for sharing.

I own an arktisblau e30 and the color is beautiful when it's right, subtle but with a lot of nice detail. Too bad I can only enjoy it by looking at the wheel wells inside the trunk, as the POs resprayed the car with a much cheaper shade of blue lol

You might like the color of JGood's car here on the forum. The link to his build is below

Comment

I love all of those colors... really, you can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      I love all of those colors... really, you can't go wrong.
                      This. Any of the original 2k02 colors are sweet! That Malaga is really nice...

If you're looking for brown I've been looking at browns for a little while...

Another car in BMW Merrakersh...
                      from here

Also Porsche makes a nice color called macadamia

Another car in Macadamia from here

Yota Sunset Bronze (pic from here)

Another car in it... Pics from here
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Yes I like where this is going, now I just need to get to the part where I can actually paint the car, the other thing I keep debating is, do I waste my time trying to figure out how to do body work and get the car completely ready for paint by doing all the prep work myself, which to be honest I could give two shits about doing.

Or do I just give it to the painter, let them have at it for a few months and know that the bodywork and paint are being done right.

I guess it really depends on how much is that going to cost and I dont know anyone that does paint, simply because you can tell based on my other projects, I dont typically paint them

Comment

I must confess, instead of getting anything done on the 02 this weekend, I decided to fuck around with other stuff...

I got my bike back from burbank moto after they did a quick adjustment on the carbs and new wheels and tires

Ive been waiting for months for my buddy to have some free time at his machine shop to help me bang out some headlight adjusters

Id say they came out pretty good, i had some old coins from nazi Germany laying around and inset a space in the knob for them to sit, then epoxyed them in

All done

So then Sunday I was really hoping to get some work done in the 02, when I dumped a giant box of nuts and bolts all over the floor which turned into massive reorganization of the garage, which I hope to finish tuesday and be back at the 02 this next weekend

Comment

The coins are an awesome subtle detail :up:

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I always thought this would be a beautiful colour on an old BMW - Toyota Timberland Mica

Looks much better in person.

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

Originally posted by JRYE30 View Post
                                I always thought this would be a beautiful colour on an old BMW - Toyota Timberland Mica

Looks much better in person.
                                Wow not a color I would have thought but imagining it, it looks great. Good call.

Comment

Working...
                                X