Clear All

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
    It runs!!! and drives!!!
    unnnn real

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

What part was he to go.out for? Thing needs all sorts of parts!!!

Looks fun. Enjoy
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I have no idea why it was parked ten years ago. I do know that a bunch of vacuum lines were taken apart, and off, which could've had something to do with it.

Thanks for the responses guys! And the bumpers are to stay off. Might actually swap the rear bumper out for an e30 rear plastic one.

More on how we got it running:

Purchased battery, plugged it in, got no power anywhere.

Next day, hooked up a wire that was supposed to go into the black battery cable, got power. (Also painted the lower grills)

Hooked up new vacuum lines, turned engine over twice, needed more power. Jumped it with the e30, tried again five times. Bam! it ran!

And just like that it drove away a couple minutes later!

Yes there are no seats; we drove it anyway.

It does overheat now, so i replaced the thermostat and it still overheats. The engine is also very loud on start up. I might upload a video tomorrow.

Also put in the new door panels I got from a very nice and giving friend of mine! Looks great if you ask me! :)

Cleaned up the rear side windows, and semi fixed all the dangling window seals. still need to clean the rear window.

E28 handles as well.

Comment

Gave the flags a polish

I dipped the front too, don't have any pictures of it though

Took out the rear deck to recover it

Screw you too e21!

Adjusted the valves

And replaced the spark plugs. Spiders made home to the plug hole which made it pretty difficult to remove the spark plugs.

Black door panels all installed

Replaced the 1992 fuel filter. This is what came out of it.

Also bought some e30 rear seats and stuffed those in the back.

E28 parking break console. I'm planning on building my own center console that should match the non-ac console. We'll see

Cars and Coffee got canceled, drove to ST1G's parents that was 7 minutes away from my house. The e21 made it 6 minutes to overheat. Ending up making it all the way, and then barely made it back home. Hahaha a very interesting day to say the least.

Also found a 2002 radiator cap, for mine was very broken.

On the search for seats and need to replace the timing chain, guides, and all fuel hoses in the rear. Stay tuned.

Comment

Once its running good, lmk if you want to throw a cam in there. I have two and have no information on either, but once I choose one I will have another that I will ship to you for cheap since I wont need it.

Car is coming along very nicely!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Very nice man it reminds me of my e30 i bought it with is sitting in some guys bacj yard for 9 years and it is in perstine condition 9.8/10 interior and 9/10 exterior well before i crashed it

1989 E30 325i Sedan Alpine

Comment

damn that thing was trashed. How the floors look? that carpet looked so bad Id be afraid to see the floor boards if there is any....

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by staysideways View Post
                  Very nice man it reminds me of my e30 i bought it with is sitting in some guys bacj yard for 9 years and it is in perstine condition 9.8/10 interior and 9/10 exterior well before i crashed it

Nice, yeah I have the tendency to find old BMW's in people's yards whenever I go for a random drive.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  damn that thing was trashed. How the floors look? that carpet looked so bad Id be afraid to see the floor boards if there is any....
                  I'm to scared to take the carpets out. (Not because spiders, because rust)

This is what the rotors looked liked after a bit of driving (They were completely rust and I thought they were a lost cause)

And then a friend of mine gave me a set of rotors with a little bit of surface rust for free.

It's good to have friends!

Comment

Nice free car..!!!, my first BMW was a 78 320i. Radiator or water pump could be causing the overheating.
                    Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Comment

U should change the plate to freE21

Comment

Originally posted by staysideways View Post
                          U should change the plate to freE21
                          I see what you did there.

Comment

Working...
                          X