Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

☆From Sewer to Best Ever☆ E30 M3 Sport Evolution -CONVERSION- + 740i e38 MY NEW LOVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just replaced dualmass fw (e39 m5 oem) to TTV racing m62 lite lightweight fw and it doesn´t crank !only fire

Comment

It's been excruciatingly , I bought a new lightweight fw for the m62b44 and it didnt starts. Previously there was oem dualmass FW e39 M5 and starts right. problem with CPS now we have solved. BUT, the trigger wheel is different. I can't understant that. Why it starts with different fw and now it dont. Can someone explain it?

Comment

It's been excruciatingly , I bought a new lightweight fw for the m62b44 and it didnt starts. Previously there was oem dualmass FW e39 M5 and starts right. problem with CPS now we have solved. BUT, the trigger wheel is different. I can't understant that. Why it starts with different fw and now it dont. Can someone explain it?

Comment

Definintely respect your attempt/dedication to the engine swap. Most ppl underestimate how involved it can be especially dropping in a monster v8. when you say the trigger wheel is different, how different is it? as long as your cps distance is okay it just looks for the gap in the trigger in relation to the cams. Is the flywheel the only thing you've changed since it was running before? why not just put the m5 flywheel back in? lol

as for not making vacuum... this doesn't make sense, every engine should have vacuum, unless u have a huge leak somewhere, have you tried hooking a gauge up to it to get actual numbers? also how solid is the engine compression wise?

parts do fail believe it or not, definitely double check all ur wiring, grounds are super important too don't over look those straps.

like i said swaps are very involved, if ur feeling burnt out, try and get the car on a test drive, safely of course, that might rekick ur passion for the swap. good luck bro, ill sub.
          Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
          (looks much smaller in the picture because of the angle).

Comment

Originally posted by fratepedia472 View Post
            Definintely respect your attempt/dedication to the engine swap. Most ppl underestimate how involved it can be especially dropping in a monster v8. when you say the trigger wheel is different, how different is it? as long as your cps distance is okay it just looks for the gap in the trigger in relation to the cams. Is the flywheel the only thing you've changed since it was running before? why not just put the m5 flywheel back in? lol

as for not making vacuum... this doesn't make sense, every engine should have vacuum, unless u have a huge leak somewhere, have you tried hooking a gauge up to it to get actual numbers? also how solid is the engine compression wise?

parts do fail believe it or not, definitely double check all ur wiring, grounds are super important too don't over look those straps.

like i said swaps are very involved, if ur feeling burnt out, try and get the car on a test drive, safely of course, that might rekick ur passion for the swap. good luck bro, ill sub.
            first of all I thank you very much for your opinion.

so trigger wheel, i don´t know exatly whats the difference, i think distance between teeth. CPS distance is now correct, but as you can saw on video it shots flames only. We are absolutely certain that everything Work exept this new flywheel.

The reason why i changed FW is that stock dual mass FW was already worn (made strange noises) and new FW is almost 16kgs lighter than oem dualmass. And of course i want some extra power and LIGHTER engine ;);)

I am going to hit the road with my car couple months, but still fail. I REALLY HOPE that i find someone who can remap or calibrate CPS for this new flywheel and adjust ignition time.

Comment

You are gonna want to upgrade the master cylinder to push more fluid to the bigger front and rear calipers. I suggest the 25mm from a 7 series. just make sure the booster and master cylinder are same manufacturer, Girling/girling or ate/ate.

Comment

Originally posted by E30stan View Post
                You are gonna want to upgrade the master cylinder to push more fluid to the bigger front and rear calipers. I suggest the 25mm from a 7 series. just make sure the booster and master cylinder are same manufacturer, Girling/girling or ate/ate.
                I have new master cylinder and brake booster from e38 740iL. But brakes issue must wait. Half issue is that engine doesn't crank with new lightweight flywheel

Comment

TTV Racing flywheel

As i mentioned, i bought lightweight flywheel from TTV Racing company. We solved CPS issue, now sensor has good distance from trigger wheel.
                  This fw has only 6.9kilograms. I don´t want be negative, but i am really dissapointed with this flywheel. I did not except that FW specific for my engine won´t work :(. As you can saw video. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ISSUE.

Comment

Gonna ask the stupid questions, because it's always something stupid that causes the issue.

Have you tested and checked the CPS?
                    Have you checked the wiring to the CPS, Especially the plug and terminals?
                    Are the teeth on the sensor wheel the same distance apart, and same size?
                    Is the CPS lining up with the teeth correctly? In other words, is the sensor in the right position front to back?

I have not had THIS issue, but I have had issues with vehicles being in a no-fire situation, because of those things.
                    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                      Gonna ask the stupid questions, because it's always something stupid that causes the issue.

Have you tested and checked the CPS?
                      Have you checked the wiring to the CPS, Especially the plug and terminals?
                      Are the teeth on the sensor wheel the same distance apart, and same size?
                      Is the CPS lining up with the teeth correctly? In other words, is the sensor in the right position front to back?

I have not had THIS issue, but I have had issues with vehicles being in a no-fire situation, because of those things.
                      Yup! Everything you mentioned. But what do you mean with right position ?

Comment

Keep your head up and don't give up, you will get through it.
                        First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

NEWS:
                          we are sure, that fw has different trigger wheel, so it was waste of money. Bad flywheel equals bad ignition, it sparks when valves are open and it equals that it only backfire. The isn´t another option like change FW back to dualmass. TTV doesn´t report me.

Comment

Does your new lightweight flywheel have a locating dowel to locate it correctly on the crank? As in it can only bolt on one way?

Is it possible you have bolted the flywheel on at the wrong angle thus putting the missing trigger teeth in the wrong place?
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                              Does your new lightweight flywheel have a locating dowel to locate it correctly on the crank? As in it can only bolt on one way?

Is it possible you have bolted the flywheel on at the wrong angle thus putting the missing trigger teeth in the wrong place?
                              Is it possible to bolt flywheel on wrong angle?

Comment

Originally posted by Jony View Post
                                Is it possible to bolt flywheel on wrong angle?
                                In theory, if their isn't a locating dowel, or if the bolt pattern is symmetrical, they you could possibly get it installed at the wrong angle, like if the TDC gap is suppose to be at 3 o'clock, but without the dowel, or a unique bolt pattern, it could possibly be bolted on, so the TDC gap is at a different spot.

That could cause this issue. But that is also assuming that the flywheel is not doweled, or their isn't a unique, non-symmetrical, bolt pattern.
                                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                                X