No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck. The dashboards with the new texture are NLA?
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
      Fuck. The dashboards with the new texture are NLA?
      Yup, if you're lucky a dealer may have one laying around.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

What's the difference between the New and old texture?

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
          What's the difference between the New and old texture?
          There is a whole thread on it here.

But basically the new dash material is the same material from the E36 so its more rubberized and less plastic then the original E30 dash. So it is not prone to crack.

BMW change the material after the E30's were done being produced, most likely because they had so many complaints and maybe warranty repairs on the old dashes cracking.

Comment

I know I'm a cheap bastard and will be ridiculed by the masses......how bads your old dash?

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
              I know I'm a cheap bastard and will be ridiculed by the masses......how bads your old dash?
              I will have to post pics but there was a huge crack right from the center of the steering wheel all the way to the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                I will have to post pics but there was a huge crack right from the center of the steering wheel all the way to the window.
                Mines the same. Right thru the vin tag. Plus 4-5 other spots.
                Don't worry about pics.

Comment

I didn't know that dashes were NLA! Who'd you get yours from? I need to see if I can pick another one up before they're truly all gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rouvld View Post
                    I didn't know that dashes were NLA! Who'd you get yours from? I need to see if I can pick another one up before they're truly all gone.
                    It literally just happened. I finally went to order mine and I couldn't get them anywhere. I spoke to Blunt and he said they went NLA 3-4 months ago and he sold off all the ones he had.

I bought mine off a guy on ebay that had one of the last new ones left. Here are some pics, didnt even have the VIN holes in it :)

Here are the two side by side. The new one is in the front. The material is definitely different.

The only pain was the new dash was made for a non airbag car so it was missing 3 brackets that are on the old dash and they were riveted on. I had to drill through the rivets then rivet them on to the new dash.

Here is my mess with the old dash out

And the new dash is in!! I got tired, will finish wiring up the cluster, HVAC and radio another day, but I did get to clean up some of the OP's mess of the radio wiring while I was in there.

Comment

BTW a lot of holes on the new dash are not drilled through so putting the cluster in you have to kinda guess where they are. Nice that its new but some of it is a pain.

Comment

yo this is so sick

1991 325i
                        flickr
                        @sambhaskins

Comment

Outstanding! Love the progress and the plan going forward. Should be an incredible car when it's all done.
                          - Darrell

2001 BMW M5
                          1990 BMW 325is - Build Thread

Comment

Not trying to derail this thread, but my friend who is a parts guy tells me they're not NLA, but on backorder. They're still making them but backordered (23 at last count).

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                              Not trying to derail this thread, but my friend who is a parts guy tells me they're not NLA, but on backorder. They're still making them but backordered (23 at last count).
                              Thats good news, although everyone I spoke with at the dealer and ECS said NLA. Hope you are right!

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                                Thats good news, although everyone I spoke with at the dealer and ECS said NLA. Hope you are right!
                                Ditto.
                                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X