No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does life have to get in the way of our hobbies!!!

Bathroom/Kitchen look great.

Funny how our car threads become "life" threads!

Comment

One of my gifts to myself came in today!!!

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I was wondering what you were going to use to replace your e46 M3 brakes...
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
          I was wondering what you were going to use to replace your e46 M3 brakes...
          Yea the M3 brakes wont fit behind the RS's I am having made, these brakes barely fit behind them.

Comment

Meaty!! 225/45R16, just waiting on the wheels now!

Comment

Wow, stunning project! I can't believe I hadn't found this before. Excellent work! Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                Wow, stunning project! I can't believe I hadn't found this before. Excellent work! Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
                Thanks! Its been on hold for a little without updates. I have been following you vert build. I actually joined this board YEARS ago with the idea of doing exactly what you were doing. But once I bought an E93 M3 I didnt want two verts.

Although its tempting!!

Comment

Im waiting on my wheels, and in a few weeks I will have a very nice long weekend where my wife is away and 99% of the house stuff will be done so I can get the whole suspension and bushings all done. Maybe start taking out the M20 as well.

In the mean time we had a really nice weekend a few weeks back, I took the time to get something to organize some of my tools and took the M out of storage for a day (it snowed a few days later lol).

Anyway I hope to flood this thread with new pics in a few weeks.

Comment

damn you're local! never knew that. i'm in west burbs. SUB'D
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Thanks, so I went to go move the car from my in-laws to my house today but the battery was dead. It was still connected to the charger but the charger was unplugged, I think they accidentally kicked it and now it wont charge anymore, maybe a dead cell. Good thing is that the battery had a 3 year full replacement warranty and it was only two years old so I went and picked up a new one today. I didn't have time to get back to the car to move it so I will do that in a week or so. That being said it was so nice out decided to drive along the lake instead :)

Comment

Perfect car for the first perfect Chicago day this season

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

So got the new battery in today. Car started right up. Runs like crap though, but it was able to make the 9 mile trip from my in laws to my house.

It looks so small sitting next to the M, the E93 feels like a giant.

So now that the car is home I hope I will have more time. I did get something done today. Went back to the inlaw's and removed the Oil Pan from the S54, I need to take pics of the oil pan. I forgot before I packed it up. I will include that tomorrow before I package it up and send it to Tyler at Arc Asylum.

Soooooo many damn bolts. I dont know how anyone drops these pans in the car. Some of the bolts were a pain to get to and I had the engine on a stand out of the car. I would never want to do this with it in the car.

Everything looked ok when I dropped the pan, but I will do the rod bearings just because. The one thing that bothered me though is above the oil pan on the engine block there seems so be rust. I think its fine, but I didnt expect to have paint flakes flake right off.

Comment

Here is the oil pan.

It seems that it was leaking, or there was a leak somewhere else because the sides had oil on it.

Comment

Little update, Paul has gotten the Lips, now they just need to be polished up.

He should have the faces back from the machinist shortly!

Tyler is working on my oil pan and subframe now.

I can go flat black, semi gloss or gloss. I am thinking Semi Gloss black, thoughts?

Comment

Semi-gloss all the way

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X